|Municipality of Pinili|
Map of Ilocos Norte with Pinili highlighted
|Region||Ilocos Region (Region I)|
|Barangays||25 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Samuel S. Pagdilao, Sr.|
|• Electorate||10,887 voters (2016)|
|• Total||89.48 km2 (34.55 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||190/km2 (500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)77|
|Climate type||Tropical monsoon climate|
|Income class||3rd municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||198,779,516.94 (2016)|
The place is called Pinili because Gregorio Aglipay, founder of the Philippine Independent Church, chose (pinili in Tagalog) to hide in this mountainous municipality. Aglipay has a statue in honor of him, having a bible and a revolver in his hands.
|Population census of Pinili|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Pinili was 17,300 people, with a density of 190 inhabitants per square kilometre or 490 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Ilocos Norte". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region I (Ilocos Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region I (Ilocos Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region I (Ilocos Region)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Ilocos Norte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Pasyalan Ilocos Norte
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Ilocos region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|