|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-HR|
Pinjore is a town in Panchkula district in the Indian state of Haryana. This residential 'township', located close to Chandigarh, is set over 1,800 feet above the sea level in a valley, overlooking the Sivalik Hills. Pinjore is known for Pinjore Gardens, Asia's best 17th Century Mughal garden, and the Hindustan Machine Tools (HMT) factory.
As of 2011[update] India census, Pinjore had a population of 35,912. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Pinjore has an average literacy rate of 76%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 80%, and female literacy is 72%. In Pinjore, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age. Hindi & Punjabi are major languages
The average temperatures for summers and winters are 35 and 18 degree Celsius respectively, with rainfall concentrated over the summer months of July, August and September.
The Pinjore Gardens, also known as the Yadavindra Gardens, has terraced gardens, which feature the Rajasthani Mughal style Shish Mahal, the Rang Mahal, the cubical Jal Mahal and a series of fountains and waterfalls. The gardens are open from 7am to 10pm and are illuminated at night.
Pinjore can be reached by road from Delhi via the Sonepat Bypass.
Volvo Coach, Deluxe, Semi-Deluxe and Express buses are also available from Inter-State Bus Terminal (ISBT), New Delhi to Chandigarh and vice versa every hour from 05:00 hrs to midnight. Ordinary buses ply every 10 minutes. Journey duration is 5 hours.
The Chandigarh/Kalka train stops in Kalka, and is a 4-hour voyage from New Delhi.
- ST.Vivekanand Millennium school HMT township pinjore
- Ajad Public School
- Noble High School
- RK Public School
- Alpine School, a fully residential school
- Angel Public School
- Delhi Public School (DPS), Delhi Public School Society, Ishar Nagar, Himshikha
- The Education Tree School, Pragati Vihar, Opp. Dharampur, Pinjore https://theeducationtreesc.wixsite.com/school
- JP Gurukul High School, Bitna colony
- Kamal public School
- New India Public School, Ratpur colony
- Paragon Public School, Shiv colony, Bitna road
- Sapient Public School
- JB Smart Kids Public School, Shiv Colony
The Indian Flying Fox can be seen at the Yadavindra Gardens enclosure and entrance. Hundreds of these bats can be seen roosting during the day in the taller trees in the compound.
- Asigarh Fort at Hansi
- Nahar Singh Fort at Ballabhgarh in Faridabad district
- Haryana Tourism
- List of Monuments of National Importance in Haryana
- List of State Protected Monuments in Haryana
- List of Indus Valley Civilization sites in Haryana
- List of National Parks & Wildlife Sanctuaries of Haryana, India
- List of national parks of India
- Wildlife sanctuaries of India
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2011 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Title: Crows drop dead, Newspaper: Times Of India, Published: 22 December 2014, Accessed: 26 March 2016