||This article's lead section may be too long for the length of the article. (April 2014)|
|Revenue||1 billion (FY 2016)|
Number of employees
|6,000 employees and more than 1,250 physicians and allied health professionals|
PinnacleHealth System is a community-based, nonprofit, physician-led healthcare system serving the greater Harrisburg, Pennsylvania metropolitan area. PinnacleHealth operates three hospitals—Harrisburg Hospital, Community General Osteopathic Hospital and West Shore Hospital—as well as a network of family practices, imaging centers and walk-in care centers.
Since its establishment in 1996, PinnacleHealth has grown to a multi-county system with more than 6,000 employees and more than 1,250 physicians and allied health professionals with over 1 $billion in revenue,
Two of PinnacleHealth's largest facilities, Harrisburg Hospital and Polyclinic Medical Center are teaching hospitals with a combined count of 884 inpatient beds, over 35,100 inpatient admissions and 235,000 outpatient visits per year as well as over 5,000 deliveries and 60,000 emergency room visits annually, making it one of the largest urban clinical institutions in the nation. It is the fifth largest employer in Central Pa.
PinnacleHealth System has been a leading provider of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services in central Pennsylvania since 1873. The 627-bed system has three acute care hospitals (Community General Osteopathic, Harrisburg and West Shore Hospitals) on four campuses (Community, Harrisburg, Polyclinic and West Shore) serving a five-county service area and supporting rural hospitals through affiliations and telehealth services. The system has approximately 6,000 employees and more than 1,250 physicians and allied health professionals.
PinnacleHealth pursues innovative treatment options for the region through cardiac and cancer clinical trials, while offering convenient community services including medical home-certified primary care, emergency and urgent care, Magnet-recognized nursing excellence, imaging, high-volume maternity care and a level III NICU, and workplace-based wellness services. PinnacleHealth includes a CardioVascular Institute and Cancer Institute, as well as a Bone and Joint Institute, Neurosurgery and Neurosciences Institute, and Spine Care Center that combine a multi-disciplinary approach to comprehensive spine, bone, joint, orthopedic and sports medicine services. PinnacleHealth is recognized for high-quality care with national and regional recognition for volumes, outcomes and safety.
PinnacleHealth by the Numbers
- 37,000+ surgical procedures performed each year
- 3 hospitals campuses: Harrisburg, Community, West Shore
- 37 operating rooms
- 1,300 coronary interventional procedures each year
- 627 beds
- 142,000+ Emergency Department visits
- 4,000 births
- 11,700 oncology visits
- 880,000+ outpatient visits
- 35,493 inpatient admissions
- $90,622,000 in uncompensated care
- $8.9 million+ in charity care
- 1250 health care providers on the PinnacleHealth Medical staff (includes physicians and allied health professionals)
- 60 medical specialties
- 6,200+ employees
- 536 volunteers
List of PinnacleHealth facilities
Location of Hospitals
- Harrisburg Hospital (Harrisburg Campus) in downtown Harrisburg
- Community General Osteopathic Hospital (Community Campus) in Harrisburg
- West Shore Hospital (West Shore Campus) in Mechanicsburg
Location of outpatient facilities in Pennsylvania: Annville, Camp Hill, Carlisle, Chambersburg, Dillsburg, Harrisburg (several locations),Hershey, Hummelstown, Lemoyne, Marysville, Mechanicsburg (several locations), Middletown, Millersburg, Newport. See complete list here: http://www.pinnaclehealth.org/locations/
- "Annual Report". PinnacleHealth Hospitals.
- City of Harrisburg (2006). "Healthcare in the Harrisburg area". harrisburgpa.gov/. Archived from the original on 2006-11-16. Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- "PA Department of Labor and Industry" (PDF). pa.gov. 3rd Quarter 2016. Retrieved March 2017. Check date values in:
- "PinnacleHealth By The Numbers | About PinnacleHealth | Our Health System | PinnacleHealth". www.pinnaclehealth.org. Retrieved 2017-03-27.