Pinnacle Entertainment (United Kingdom)
|Parent company||Windsong International|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
Pinnacle went into liquidation in 2008. It was then that Windsong Exports purchased the group and turned it into the UK's leading music distributor. Following that, the companies were usually referred to jointly as Windsong/Pinnacle. In 1996, Windsong/Pinnacle was purchased by the Zomba Group. When Zomba was subsequently purchased by BMG in 2002, Windsong/Pinnacle was moved under Bertelsmann's group Arvato AG. In January 2008, Windsong completed a buyout from Arvato, gaining independent ownership again. However, in the midst of an economic crisis, the company was forced to go into administration, effective December 3, 2008.
Pinnacle's music division Audio Services Ltd., was primarily known for the distribution of over 400 independent record labels in the UK, but it also consisted of its own record label, label management for distributed labels, and marketing and sales divisions.
- Pinnacle Records(artists include Flintlock, James Arthur Edwards, )
- Firebird Records (Artists included Nick Straker)
- Collins Classics - Formed in 1989, closed in 1998.
Formed in 1992, Pinnacle Software serves as a publishing company that represents many computer software companies such as 3MV, New Note, Shellshock and Beechwood. It provides retail, sales, marketing and logistics services to its publishing partners. Deals with Electronic Arts and Ubisoft helped introduce an exclusive distribution model to the UK Software market. Some brands associated with Pinnacle Software include FIFA, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia.
Formed in 1996, Gauntlet Entertainment was a distributor of video games. Formed to create a focused distribution model for video games, similar to what Pinnacle Software had been doing with other UK software companies. The distribution model they pioneered became the de facto model used by most major software publishers in the UK.
- Pinnacle is in Administration CMU Media (December 4, 2008).
- Ferguson, Tom. MBO at U.K. Distributor Pinnacle Billboard Biz January 21, 2008.
- "Global Newsline" Billboard 120/5 February 2, 2008.
- About Us Pinnacle Entertainment, 2001.
- Pinnacle Records “Pinnacle Records at Discogs.com”
- Introversion Software Signs North American Defcon Retail Rights to Encore Gamespot (April 5, 2007).
- About Us Gauntlet Entertainment, 2004.