This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
24.0 / August 11, 2020
|Operating system||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, iOS|
|Type||Video editing software|
|License||Commercial proprietary software|
Pinnacle Studio is a video editing program originally developed by Pinnacle Systems as a consumer level software. Upon Pinnacle System's acquisition of Munich-based FAST Multimedia, Pinnacle integrated the professional code base of FAST's editing software, (since re-branded as Pinnacle Liquid) beginning with Pinnacle Studio version 10. It was acquired by Avid and later by Corel in July 2012. Pinnacle Studio allows users to author video content in Video CD, DVD-Video, AVCHD or Blu-ray format, add complementary menus and burn them to disc.
Since version 9, Studio has been sold in several editions: Studio, Studio Plus and Studio Ultimate, all of which are commercial software. There is some additional functionality in the Plus and Ultimate editions, notably a second video track. This allowed Overlay, A-B Edits, Chroma Key, and Picture-in-Picture.
Pinnacle Studio 24 was released in August 11, 2020. This version included Unlimited tracks plus 4K video support, Multi-camera Editing, Enhanced Motion Tracking, Enhanced Video masking, and many advanced technical features. No support for HEVC (H.265) on AMD hardware.
In addition to the desktop versions of Pinnacle Studio,two versions of Pinnacle Studio also exists for iPad and iPhone - Pinnacle Studio for iOS and Pinnacle Studio Pro for iOS. Last one has additional features, for example, trim frame by frame using the Dual Viewer Precision Trimmer, export to cloud services (such as Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive). Last version of Pinnacle Studio for iOS (5.6.1) requires iOS 9.3 or later, iPad 2 or higher, iPhone 4s or higher, iPod Touch Series 5 or higher.
MacUser rated version Pinnacle Studio 4 for iOS as 4 out of 5, saying that it provides "a more fully featured movie editor than iMovie for iPad", but complained that the extra in-app purchase needed for cloud sync was excessive.
- "Corel Acquires Pinnacle Products from Avid". Corel press release. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Pinnacle VideoSpin". Softpedia. SoftNews. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Pinnacle Studio". Softpedia. SoftNews. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- "Pinnacle Studio Plus". Softpedia. SoftNews. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- "Pinnacle Studio Ultimate". Softpedia. SoftNews. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- "Pinnacle Studio 23 Ultimate Delivers Power, Precision, and Unlimited Creative Opportunities in Video Editing" (Press release). OTTAWA: Corel. 13 August 2019.
- Jones, Hollin (November 2013). "Pinnacle Studio 4 for iPad". MacUser. 29 (12): 111.