Pinoy Box Office
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Pinoy Box Office|
The second logo used since March 1, 2015
|Launched||August 1, 2003|
|Owned by||Viva Entertainment|
|Picture format||480i 4:3 (SDTV)|
|Audience share||85.46% (November 2014, Kantar Media Philippines)|
|Slogan||Paborito ng Bayan (The Nation's Favorite)|
|Sister channel(s)||Viva TV
|Cignal TV||Channel 41|
|G Sat||Coming Soon|
|Sky Cable / Destiny Cable||Channel 60 (Digital)|
|Pioneer Cable Vision Incorporated (PCVI) (Baybay, Leyte)||Channel 45|
|Bukidnon Z5 Cable (Bukidnon)||Channel 30|
|SPC-New World Cable TV (Bulacan)||Channel 45|
|Parasat Cable TV (Cagayan de Oro)||Channel 22|
|Fil Products (Ozamiz)||Channel 41|
|Fil Products (Butuan)||Channel 33|
|Surigao Cable TV (Surigao)||Channel 64|
|Available on many cable systems||Check local listings for channels in the Philippines|
Pinoy Box Office (PBO, visually rendered in lowercase letters as pbo since 2015) is a 24-hour Filipino cable movie channel that is owned and operated by Viva Entertainment.
As the pioneer in the 24-hour all-Filipino movie channel on cable TV (through the Viva Cinema formerly tie-up with STAR TV a Hong Kong-based satellite broadcasting network, which is now retrieved last February 2009), Viva tied up with interested local and global cable TV partners in need of access to its local content library. Viva's library of titles provides an excellent bridgeway into endless hours of viewing enjoyment for the local & international Filipino viewers anywhere in the globe with Different Movies using the revolutionary color system named LVN Pictures
Launched on August 1, 2003, is Pinoy Box Office (PBO), Viva's 24-hour all Filipino movie & entertainment channel. PBO is now disbuted thrghout the Philippines, as well as in the U.S. (through the Mabuhay Channel), the Middle East, Asia (Japan) and soon in Europe. Since its launch in 2003, it then became the most watched Filipino movie channel beating other powerhouse Cable and Satellite channels of various genres.
PBO's first logo was the 3D word "PBO" in gold and the word "PINOY BOX OFFICE" in blue below it. As the former on-screen logo, the byline was removed.
The new logo was introduced on March 1, 2015 and it was the viridian lowercase letters "pbo". Below the logo is the gray text "Paborito ng Bayan" (The Nation's Favorite) also in lowercase. The logo as an on-screen bug (DOG) is white and the slogan is removed.
- PBO Direk (Monday) - recognizes the masterpiece creators Philippines’ Best Films: Director/s (featured) of the month.
- PBO Senti (Tuesday) - are about movies which touch the heart and soul; usually feminine and family oriented
- PBO Aksyon (Wednesday) - Fast-paced and adrenaline filled Action films are part of the feast every Wednesday evenings
- PBO Sweets (Thursday) - Youth oriented or Rib-tickling comedies
- PBO First-Class (Friday) - First-class movies and concerts
- PBO Premiere (Saturday) - Cable TV debuts of the latest Movies and Entertainment events
- PBO Presents (Sunday) - focused on the featured "Artist of the Month"; screens movies of a particular actor
- PBO Back2Back (Saturday) - featuring 2 random movies from the featured artist.
- PBO TNT (Monday-Friday) - Airing old TV shows produced by Viva Entertainment.
- PBO Marathon (Sunday) - 6 hours of non-stop and most requested movies aired on TV.
- Pinoy Sports Special - featuring the program, The Main Event, produced by Viva Sports.
- Anong Ganap?
PBO Movie Jocks
- Phoemela Baranda (2014-present)
- Roxee B (2014-present)
- Bea Rose Santiago (2016-present)
- Mayton Eugenio (2016-present)
- Shy Carlos (2017-present)