Pinoy Box Office
|Pinoy Box Office|
The second logo used since March 1, 2015
|Launched||August 1, 2003|
|Owned by||Viva Entertainment|
|Picture format||480i 4:3 (SDTV)|
|Audience share||85.46% (November 2014, Kantar Media Philippines)|
|Slogan||Paborito ng Bayan (The Nation's Favorite)|
|Sister channel(s)||Viva TV
|Cignal TV||Channel 16|
|Dream Satellite TV||Channel 32|
|G Sat||Coming Soon|
|Destiny Cable||Channel 38 (Analog)
Channel 60 (Digital)
|SkyCable||Channel 60 (Digital)|
|Pioneer Cable Vision Inc. (PCVI) (Baybay City, Leyte)||Channel 45|
|Bukidnon Z5 Cable (Bukidnon)||Channel 30|
|SPC-New World Cable TV (Bulacan)||Channel 45|
|Parasat Cable TV (Cagayan De Oro)||Channel 22|
|Fil Products (Ozamiz City)||Channel 41|
|Fil Products (Butuan City)||Channel 33|
|Available on many cable systems||Check local listings for channels in the Philippines|
Pinoy Box Office (PBO, stylized as pbo since 2015) is a 24-hour Filipino cable movie channel owned and operated by Viva Communications Inc.
As the pioneer in the 24-hour all-Filipino movie channel on cable TV (through the Viva Cinema formerly tie-up with STAR TV a Hong Kong-based satellite broadcasting network, which is now retrieved last February 2009), Viva tied up with interested local and global cable TV partners in need of access to its local content library. Viva's library of titles provides an excellent bridgeway into endless hours of viewing enjoyment for the local & international Filipino viewers anywhere in the globe.
Launched on August 1, 2003, is Pinoy Box Office (PBO), Viva's 24-hour all Filipino movie & entertainment channel. PBO is now disbuted thrghout the Philippines, as well as in the U.S. (through the Mabuhay Channel), the Middle East, Asia (Japan) and soon in Europe. Since its launch in 2003, it then became the most watched Filipino movie channel beating other powerhouse cable channels of various genres.
PBO's first logo was the 3D word "PBO" in gold and the word "PINOY BOX OFFICE" in blue below it. As the former on-screen logo, the byline was removed.
The new logo was introduced on March 1, 2015 and it was the viridian lowercase letters "PBO". Below the logo is the gray text "Paborito ng Bayan" (The Nation's Favorite) also in lowercase. The PBO logo as an on-screen bug is white and the slogan is removed.
- PBO Direk (Monday) - recognizes the masterpiece creators Philippines’ Best Films: Director/s (featured) of the month.
- PBO Senti (Tuesday) - are about movies which touch the heart and soul; usually feminine and family oriented
- PBO Aksyon (Wednesday) - Fast-paced and adrenaline filled Action films are part of the feast every Wednesday evenings
- PBO Sweets (Thursday) - Youth oriented or Rib-tickling comedies
- PBO First-Class (Friday) - First-class movies and concerts
- PBO Premiere (Saturday) - Cable TV debuts of the latest Movies and Entertainment events
- PBO Presents (Sunday) - focused on the featured "Artist of the Month"; screens movies of a particular actor
- PBO Back2Back (Saturday) - featuring 2 random movies from the featured artist.
- PBO TNT (Monday-Friday) - Airing old TV shows produced by Viva Entertainment.
- PBO Marathon (Sunday) - 6 hours of non-stop and most requested movies aired on TV.
- Pinoy Sports Special - featuring the program, The Main Event, produced by Viva Sports.
- Anong Ganap?