This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Precious Hearts Romances Presents:
|Genre||Teen drama, Romance|
|Written by||Kay Brondial
|Directed by||Theodore C. Boborol
Martin del Rosario
|Opening theme||Nag-iisang Ikaw by Christian Bautista|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, English|
|No. of episodes||80|
|Executive producer(s)||Jovelyn Aberion
Adjanet F. Rase
|Editor(s)||Peter Ashley Austria
Roman Rodriguez III
|Running time||20-30 minutes
Weekdays at 5:15PM (PST)
|Original release||July 16– November 2, 2012|
Pintada (lit. Painted Woman) is a Philippine daytime television drama that is aired locally via the Philippines' biggest media conglomerate, ABS-CBN and worldwide via The Filipino Channel replacing PHR series entitled Hiyas on its Kapamilya Gold timeslot.
Pintada is the 16th installment of the Precious Hearts Romances Presents series, and is top billed by Denise Laurel and Martin del Rosario. The series is based on the Filipino romance pocket book Green Meadows by Arielle.
Lysa is a young woman with a beauty desired by men and envied by women. One day, a fire breaks out in the school she works in. While trying to rescue her students, a part of her face gets burned. She lost her beauty in that tragic fire which gave her a lifetime scar, physically and emotionally.
Some people died in the fire, and among them is Mr. Sandejas who is rumored to have an affair with her. Besieged by hatred from the townsfolk and ashamed of her badly burned face, Lysa spends 6 years in prison. Lysa decides to leave and live in seclusion, but Noel brings her back to Cervantes to clean her name and take revenge on the people behind her suffering.
Cast and characters
- Denise Laurel as Alysa "Lysa" Alvarez
- Martin del Rosario as Severino "Sev" Monzon
- Lemuel Pelayo as Noel Crisostomo
- Alma Concepcion as Carolina Monzon
- Ricardo Cepeda as Alberto "Albert" Sandejas
- Nikka Valencia as Lorena Alvarez
- Bernadette Alison as Karen Sandejas
- Lorenzo Mara as Victor Dela Cruz
- Chase Vega as Taylor Alvarez
- Trina Legaspi as Isabel "Isay" Alvarez
- Yen Santos as Samantha Diño
- Eslove Briones as Dave Dela Cruz
- Deniesse Joaquin as Jing Briones
- Jommy Teotico as Edward Pascual
- Jess Mendoza as Arturo 'Atong' Policarpio
- James Reid as Vito
- Erin Ocampo as Trixie
- Cecil Paz as Girlie
- Arlene Tolibas as Princess
- Lui Manansala as Ms. Nolasco
- Dolly Gutierrez as Paz Bautista
- Buddy Palad as Mang Tonying
- Boom Labrusca as Quintin
- Jairus Aquino as Bordy
- Simon Ibarra as Gardo
- Manuel Chua as Dante
- Mary Roldan as Mary Romero
- EJ Jallorina as Ramon Garcia
- Beverly Salviejo as Minda Paterno
- Menggie Cobarrubias as Melancio Celdran
- Joseph Marco as Julian Sandejas
Precious Hearts Romances Presents Pintada belongs to the top 5 most watched programs in the Daytime and holds the number one place on its timeslot against its rival from other networks, according to Kantar Media-TNS.
Last August 17, 2012, based from the official survey results released by the Kantar Media-TNS, Pintada got a rating of 12.3%; 13.7% on August 20; and on August 21, it soared higher garnering a rating of 16.0%. On the following days however, ratings got by Pintada was not consistent and ranges from 12 to 16%.
Recently, Pintada recorded a rating of 16.4% on October 3, 2012 and 14.8% on October 4, 2012.
Besides the household surveyed ratings, Pintada also got positive remarks from critics. One blogger even said that he would highly recommend Pintada to anyone who cares because of its believable school-based story.
- There were 67 crews behind the production of the series.
- According to the Internet Movie Database (IMDb), Pintada became 76% more popular in the last week of August compared to the previous weeks.
- Pintada, though not a primetime show, have already trended many times on the micro-blogging site Twitter. Some of the hashtags that have trended were "#Pintada1stWeek" - "#Pintada4thWeek", "#Pintada" and "#ExtendPintada"
Martin Del Rosario
- Lead star Martin Del Rosario had his first lead role with Precious Hearts Romances Presents Pintada.
- Martin Del Rosario was discovered by his manager Jun Reyes when he saw Martin in front of Lourdes School of Quezon City in the summer of 2007 to buy lechon for Gerald Anderson's birthday. His manager said that Martin's asset was his eyes that seems to be lethargic.
- Denise Laurel was first seen on TV through the ABS-CBN's program "Ang TV 2."
- Denise Laurel also had roles on previous Precious Hearts Romances Series namely "Bud Brothers," "You're Mine, Only Mine," "Midnight Phantom," and "Kristine." On the contrary, it is the first time of her leading man Martin Del Rosario to have a role in a PHR Series.
- Pintada was the third project given to Lemuel Pelayo by ABS-CBN next to the Hiyas and Angelito.
- Lemuel Pelayo admitted that he knew that PHR Series contain daring scenes, and that he was ready to spice-up Pintada.
|This television program–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|