From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Comarca||Madrid metropolitan area|
|• Mayor||Miriam Rabaneda|
|• Total||62.7 km2 (24.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||604 m (1,982 ft)|
|• Density||690/km2 (1,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
- To the North: Getafe
- To the South: Torrejón de Velasco and Valdemoro
- To the East: San Martín de la Vega
- To the West: Parla and Fuenlabrada
- Ermita de San Antón ("Saint Anthony Abbot hermitage"). Its environment is now transformed by the construction of a mall. The hermitage had been rebuilt during the 19th century.
- Ermita del Cristo ("Christ hermitage") In its interior is a crucified Christ that enjoys great popular fervor.
- Iglesia parroquial de Santo Domingo de Silos ("Parish of Saint Dominic of Silos")
- Éboli tower, where the princess of Eboli was held.
- Centro Cultural Infanta Cristina. It was thought until recently that this building, then known as Casa de la Cadena (House of the Chain), provided accommodation for the Catholic Monarchs, but serious historical studies have disproved such a possibility.
- MUSEO DE HOPIADORES Its exterior is somewhat blue pink and red
- Centro Municipal de Cultura ("Local Culture Center")
- Francisco Rabal Town Theatre
- Regional park of the Southeast
- Alberto Contador, cyclist
in 2010, corruption allegations were rife and well reported in the Spanish media to do with the mayor
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pinto.|