Pioneer commonly refers to a settler who migrates to previously uninhabited or sparsely inhabited land.
In the United States pioneer commonly refers to an American pioneer, a person in American history who migrated westward to settle in what is now the Western and Midwestern United States.
Pioneer, The Pioneer, or pioneering may also refer to:
Companies and organizations
- Pioneer Aerospace Corporation
- Pioneer Chicken, an American fast-food restaurant chain
- Pioneer Club Las Vegas, a casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.
- Pioneer Corporation, a Japanese electronics manufacturer
- Pioneer Energy, a Canadian gas station chain
- Pioneer Entertainment, a Japanese anime company
- Pioneer Hi-Bred, a U.S.-based agriculture company
- Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall, Laughlin, Nevada, U.S.
- Pioneer Instrument Company, an American aeronautical instrument manufacturer
- Pioneer movement, a communist youth organization
- Pioneer Natural Resources, an energy company in Texas, U.S.
- Pioneer Pictures, a former American film studio
- Pioneer Surgical Technology, a medical technology company in Michigan, U.S.
- Pioneer Total Abstinence Association, Irish Catholics who avoid alcohol
- Pioneers (missions agency), a Christian missions organization
- The Pioneer (1904), painting by Frederick McCubbin, Australia
- The Pioneer (Visalia, California) (c. 1915), sculpture by Solon H. Borglum, California
- The Pioneer (Eugene, Oregon) (1919), sculpture by Alexander Phimister Proctor, Oregon
- The Pioneers (sculpture) (1928), sculpture by Lorado Taft, Illinois
- Pioneer Monument (disambiguation) for others named "Pioneer Monument" or "Pioneer Memorial"
- The Pioneers (1903 film), an American silent film directed by Wallace McCutcheon, Sr.
- The Pioneers (1916 film), an Australian silent film directed by Franklyn Barrett
- The Pioneers (1926 film), an Australian silent film directed by Raymond Longford
- The Pioneers (1941 film), an American film directed by Albert Herman
- Pioneer (film), a 2013 Norwegian film directed by Erik Skjoldbjærg
- The Pioneers (2021 film), a Chinese film directed by Xu Zhangxiong
- Pioneer (pinball), a 1976 pinball machine produced by Gottlieb
- Pioneer (video game), a 2006 space trading and combat simulator
- The Pioneers (album) by MC Eiht and Spice 1, 2004
- Pioneer (The Maine album), 2011
- Pioneer (Pioneer album), self titled album, 2012
- Pioneer (The Band Perry album), 2013
- "The Pioneers" (song) by Bloc Party, 2005
- "Pioneer" by The Band Perry, from Pioneer, 2013
- "Pioneer" (song) by Freddie, 2015
- "Pioneers", by For King & Country from Burn the Ships, 2018
- Pioneer (magazine), a Soviet/Russian monthly magazine
- Pioneer (newspaper), various English-language newspapers
- The Pioneers (novel), by James Fenimore Cooper
- The Pioneers: The Heroic Story of the Settlers Who Brought the American Ideal West, a 2019 book by David McCullough
- Pioneer (military), a soldier employed for engineering and construction tasks
- Pioneer Column, an 1890 force of the British South Africa Company
- AAI RQ-2 Pioneer, a U.S. military unmanned aerial vehicle
- RSD-10 Pioneer, a Soviet missile
- Scammell Pioneer Semi-trailer, a British tank recovery and transport vehicle
- Scottish Aviation Pioneer, a British military aircraft
- Pioneer, Queensland
- Pioneer, Tasmania
- Pioneer River, in Queensland
- Shire of Pioneer, a former local government area
- Pioneer, Arizona
- Pioneer, California
- Pioneer, Florida
- Pioneer, Indiana
- Pioneer, Iowa
- Pioneer, Kansas
- Pioneer, Louisiana
- Pioneer, Michigan
- Pioneer, Missouri
- Pioneer, Nevada
- Pioneer, Ohio
- Pioneer, Tennessee
- Pioneer (locomotive), built in 1837
- Pioneer (train), an Amtrak passenger train
- Pioneer MRT station, a transit station in Singapore
- Pioneer High School (Ann Arbor, Michigan), U.S.
- Pioneer High School (San Jose, California), U.S.
- Pioneer High School (Whittier, California), U.S.
- Pioneer Junior College, Singapore
- Pioneer-Pleasant Vale Schools, (Garfield County, Oklahoma) U.S.
- HMS Pioneer, several Royal Navy ships, 1800s
- Pioneer (sidewheeler 1849), one of the first steamboats in California, U.S., 1849
- Pioneer (paddle-steamer), New Zealand gunboat, 1863
- Pioneer (submarine), built for the American Civil War, 1861
- Pioneer (schooner), ship at the South Street Seaport Museum in New York City, U.S., 1885
- USS Pioneer, several U.S. Navy ships, 1800s – 1900s
- USC&GS Pioneer, several U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey ships, 1900s
- MV P&O Pioneer, a British hybrid power seagoing ferry, introduced on the Dover–Calais route, 2023
- London Greenhouse Pioneers, an English basketball team
- Pioneer Bowl, a football game
- Pioneer Football League, a college conference
- Pioneer League (baseball), a minor league
- Pioneer Race Course, a former San Francisco horse racing course
- Sacred Heart Pioneers, the athletic teams of the Sacred Heart University
- Pioneer program, a series of U.S. lunar, solar, and interplanetary unmanned space missions launched from 1958 through 1978
- Pioneer species, a species that colonizes an otherwise barren environment
- Pioneering (Scouting), creating structures with ropes and wood spars
- Young Pioneers (disambiguation)