|164 Totowa Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
|Motto||Knowledge, Challenge, Integrity, Diversity|
|Faculty||37.9 (on FTE basis)|
|Enrollment||303 (in K/5-12 as of 2013-14, plus 19 in PreK)|
|Student to teacher ratio||8.0:1|
Pioneer Academy is an independent college-preparatory school for K-12 grades located in Wayne, in Passaic County, New Jersey, United States. The Pioneer Academy curriculum focuses on studies of science, mathematics, cultural studies and language. The school was founded in 1999 and moved from Clifton to its Wayne campus at the start of the 2013-14 school year.
Pioneer is a co-educational day school for middle school students, and a boys-only boarding and day school for high school students. The school is located in Wayne, New Jersey, about 30 minutes west of New York City.
1999 – Established as a middle school at 366 Clifton Ave. Clifton, NJ
2006 – Opened second campus at 1255 Main Avenue, Clifton, NJ. Began catering to Pre-K through 12th grade. First campus operated as an elementary school at 366 Clifton Avenue, Clifton, NJ.
2008 – Gained I-20 issuing privileges
2009 – Started accepting international students
2011 – Became an all-boys high school. Remained co-ed middle school. Elementary school temporarily closed.
2013 – Moved to new location 164 Totowa Rd. Wayne, NJ. State of the art facilities offering on-campus housing for students.
2014 – Changed school name Pioneer Academy of Science to Pioneer Academy
Pioneer Academy aims to provide a well-rounded, character building education through challenging interdisciplinary curricula, stimulating extra-curricular activities, and community involvement. It seeks to instill a lifelong passion for learning, a strong sense of moral responsibility, and a welcoming of diversity. Students graduate as responsible, intellectual and self-directed individuals, with all the skills that require one to be a successful global citizen.
Students are encouraged to participate in our numerous sporting activities, both on and off campus. Pioneer students currently participate in basketball, soccer, wrestling and tae kwon do and as the campus athletic facilities are further developed, new varsity sports will be introduced.
The school came in fifth place in the 2005 New Jersey Science Olympiad, earning one gold, four silver and three bronze medals in the competition's 23 events. The school's team of 17 middle school students finished ahead of 22 schools, all the more remarkable as the team represented half of all students in the school's grades 6-8.
- 2015 Achievements
- 2015 NJ US First Lego League: Robot Design Award
- 2015 NJ US First Tech Challenge State Qualifier Tournament: Motivate Award
- 2015 NJ/CT US First Tech Challenge State Championship: Control Award
- 2015 NJ/CT US First Tech Challenge State Championship: Winning Alliance
- 2015 HS ROBOTICS: Robot Design & Motivation Awards
- 2015 HS Neurobiology Olympiad
- 2015 Middle School Language & Cultural Olympiad Poetry Winner
- 2015 Taekwondo middle & high school national championship: Gold cup
- 2015 HS Creative Communications Poetry Contest Winners. The poems published in Creative Communications publication.
- 2015 Middle School Science Olympiad won awards for Green Generation, Anatomy, Bridge Building
- 2014 Achievements
- 2014 Friendship Taekwondo Championship Competition: 1st Place in fighting (6th Grade)
- 2014 Friendship Taekwondo Championship Competition: 2nd Place in fighting (11th Grade)
- 2014 Friendship Taekwondo Championship Competition: 3rd Place in fighting (11th Grade)
- 2014 Friendship Taekwondo Championship Competition: 1st Place in breaking (6th Grade)
- 2014 English poetry: Creative Communication to be published
- 2014 Congressional Art Competition: Pioneer students’ work has been accepted to be viewed at One River Gallery, in Englewood, NJ.
- 2014 Turf City U16/17 2014 Soccer Tournament: 1st place
- 2014 International Turkish Language Olympiads: Best vocal award 1st place
- 2014 International Turkish Language Olympiads: Best poetry recitation
- 2014 First Tech Challenge: PTC design award
- 2014 Music award winner, Medal of Honor
- 2014 Music award winner, Medal of Honor & Outstanding Performance Trophy
- 2013 Achievements
- 2013 NYPD Soccer Tournament: Finalist 2nd Place
- 2013 NJ Turf City Soccer Tournament: 1st Place
- 2013 NJ US First Tech Challenge State Championship: PTC Design Award
- 2013 FTC-Robotics: PTC Design Award, Innovative Design Award
- 2013 NJRSF-INTEL: 2nd Place in Engineering
- 2013 ISWEEP (International Project Olympiads): Bronze Medal
- 2013 NJ Academy of Science: 3rd Place in Engineering
- 2013 NJ Science Olympiads at NJIT: 4 Bronze Medals
- 2013 Math Counts; Most Improved School
- 2012 Achievements
- 2012 NJ Science Olympiads at NJIT: 4 Silver, 11 Bronze Medals
- 2012 Soccer Coliseum (Teaneck, NJ): Finalist 2nd Place
- 2011 Achievements
- 2011 NJ US First Robotics Competition: Judges Award
- 2010 Achievements
- 2010 NJ Science Olympiad: 2 Silver and 1 Bronze medal
- 2010 East Coast Turkish Olympiad: 2 Gold, 1 Silver and 3 Bronze Medals
- 2010 NY/NJ Taekwondo Championship 3rd Place.
- 2010 NJ First Robotics Competition 1st place as Rookie Team
- 2009 Achievements
- 2009 May 19th, Youth day Soccer Tournament Championship: 1st Place
- 2009 NJ Turf City Soccer Tournament 1st Place High School and 2nd Place Middle School
- 2008 Achievements
- 2008 NJ Elementary Science Olympiad 3rd place
- 2008 NJ Middle School Science Olympiad 3rd place
- 2008 I-SWEEP Olympiad (International Sustainable World Environment, Energy and Engineering Project) – Fourth Place
- 2008 National Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament – Second Place
- 2008 NJ Science Olympiad North Division – First Place
- 2008 NJ Science Olympiad: 3 Gold, 2 Silver and 1 Bronze medal.
- 2007 Achievements
- 2007 NJ Elementary Science Olympiad North Division 3rd place
- 2007 NJ Intel Freshman NJRSF Entrant Award
- 2007 NJ Intel Engineering 3rd place
- 2007 NJ Science Olympiad North Division 1st place
- 2007 NJ American Legion Art Contest 1st place
- 2007 NJ Discovery Channel North Division five 1st places
- 2007 NJ Science Olympiad State 4th place
- 2007 NJ Science Olympiad: 4 Gold and 4 Silver medals
- 2006 Achievements
- 2006 NJ Elementary Science Olympiad North Division 2nd place
- 2006 NY Future City Competition 2nd place
- 2006 NJ Science Olympiad North Division 1st place
- 2006 North Jersey Spelling Bee Competition Semi Finalist
- 2006 NJ Discovery Channel North Division five 1st places
- 2006 NJ Science Olympiad State 4th place
- 2005 Achievements
- 2005 Future City Competition 3rd place
- 2005 Clifton City Youth Week Art Contest 1st place
- 2005 National Flags of Freedom Art Contest 3rd place
- 2005 NJ Science Olympiad North Division 1st place
- 2004 Achievements
- 2004 Clifton City Youth Week Poetry Contest 1st place
- 2004 Clifton City youth Week Art Contest 2nd place
- 2004 NJ Future City Competition State Winner
- 2004 NJ Science Olympiad North Division 1st place
- 2003 Achievements
- 2003 NJ Math League Competition 2nd place
- Principal’s Message, Pioneer Academy. Accessed September 30, 2015.
- Pioneer Academy of Science, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed June 29, 2015.
- Faculty & Staff Directory, Pioneer Academy. Accessed September 30, 2015.
- School Profile, Pioneer Academy. Accessed July 1, 2015.
- Moving to a new school campus, Pioneer Academy. Accessed August 24, 2013.
- Clifton academy takes 5th in N.J. Science Olympiad, Herald News, March 16, 2005.
- School Homepage
- Pioneer South School Homepage
- Data for the Pioneer Academy of Science, National Center for Education Statistics