This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Privately Held Corporation|
|Industry||Hardware and software for DJ's and music production/performance|
|Founded||Kawasaki (2014 )|
Number of employees
Pioneer DJ (formerly Pioneer Pro DJ) is a brand of Pioneer Corporation that represents the company's range of DJ products. In March 2015 KKR acquired an 85.05 percent stake. The Pioneer DJ product range comprises DJ mixers, decks, headphones, effects units, all-in-one consoles, DJ software controllers, monitor speakers and various accessories. The current professional grade CDJ-2000nexus decks and DJM-900nexus mixer can be seen in DJ booths all over the world.
- November 2001: Pioneer's first Pro DJ rack mount mixer, the DJM-3000.
- November 2003: Pioneer DJ announces the DVJ-X1 combining DJing and audio-visual entertainment.
- October 2004: Pioneer DJ introduces two new effects processors,the EFX-1000 and the EFX-500.
- 2007: Pioneer DJ launches DJM-700.
- September 2009: Pioneer DJ announces two new players to their DJ equipment portfolio, the CDJ-900 and CDJ-2000.
- May 2010: Pioneer DJ releases two new DJ software controllers, the DDJ-S1, and the DDJ-T1.
- February 2011: Pioneer DJ announces the DJM-900nexus pro DJ digital mixer.
- October 2011: Pioneer DJ officially released a new 2-channel DJ controller called the DDJ-ERGO at the BPM Show 2011.
- March 2012: Pioneer DJ sets a new benchmark with the awe-inspiring RMX-1000 remix station.
- August 2012: Pioneer DJ officially launches the XDJ-AERO, Pioneer's first wireless DJ system that plays music from smartphones and tablets via Wi-Fi.
- August 2012: Pioneer’s rekordbox™ software goes mobile.
- August 2012: Pioneer DJ introduces the DDJ-WeGO, an affordable DJ console for beginners.
- October 2012: Pioneer DJ launches the DDJ-SX – the first native controller for Serato DJ.
- January 2013: Pioneer DJ unveils the limited "Platinum Collection" of its CDJ-2000NXS, DJM-900NXS and RMX-1000.
- April 2013: Pioneer DJ officially launches the DJM-750.
- May 2013: Pioneer DJ releases the XDJ-R1 all-in-one DJ system - the portable, rekordbox ready DJ unit that delivers wireless control from iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- August 2013: Pioneer DJ launches the S-DJ X series of active monitor speakers for DJs.
- June 2014: Pioneer DJ release DDJ-SX2 for fast scratching and simple cueing by its buttons.
- July 2014: Pioneer DJ marks 20 years in the DJ industry by launching of a new turntable: the PLX-1000  aimed at the professional DJ. The PLX-1000 is designed for the DJ booth and the demands of the DJ, it also reflects 50 years experience of making turntables for the hi-fi world. The launch of a turntable in an increasingly more digital DJ environment is seen by many Djs as a response to the growing resurgence of vinyl in the youth markets with so called "hipsters" leading this trend. A more affordable version is also expected at this stage. The DJ level deck is also aimed at increasing number of turntablists using control vinyl with software such as Serato.
- August 2014: Pioneer DJ releases DDJ-WeGO3 For Algoriddim for mac IOS pc and iPad & iPad air
- August 2015: Pioneer DJ Releases a new Mixer: The DJM-S9, a Serato capable DVS mixer with new MAGVELPRO Faders.
- January 2016: Pioneer DJ Releases a new Nexus 2 Mixer and Player: new CDJ-2000NXS2 and DJM-900NXS2 flagship set-up 
- April 2016: Pioneer DJ announces the DDJ-RB and the DDJ-RR controller.
- May-June 2016: Pioneer DJ releases 2 new MIDI-controllers: the DDJ-RB and the DDJ-RR controller.
- January 2017: Pioneer DJ launches the Toraiz AS1  an analogue monophonic synthesiser in association with legendary electronic instrument maker Dave Smith instruments. Dave Smith has created instruments used by some of the most influential musicians of our era from Peter Gabriel (Genesis) to Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails), Faith No More to Lady Gaga, so expectations of the Toraiz AS1 are exceptionally high. Demonstrations in the UK presented by Pioneer Dj's Rob Anderson from March through to May 2017 prove that the instrument delivers that trademark analogue sound indicative of Dave Smith instruments combined with a clear user interface and high build quality which typifies Pioneer DJ products. Despite this there is still a steep learning curve to master this machine. The AS1 also has teething issues with the software when powering on. In March 2017 Pioneer release a software update aimed at solving this issue.
- All-in-one system
- Remix station
- KKR closes buy of Pioneer DJ
- All-in-one consoles
- DJ accessories
- MIXERS Archived
- DJ Mixer
- Pioneer's first Pro DJ rack mount mixer
- DJ or VJ? The Revolutionary DVJ-X1 shows the New Way
- Die 10 wichtigsten DJ-Mixer der Geschichte
- CDJ-900: new multi-format performance DJ player.
- It’s here! The CDJ-2000 pro-grade DJ player for the digital age
- DJM-900nexus pro DJ digital mixer: the catalyst for creativity and control
- Introducing a new compact controller with form, the DigitalDJ-ERGO-V
- Pioneer sets a new benchmark with the awe-inspiring RMX-1000 remix station
- presents the XDJ-AERO, the first-ever wireless all-in-one DJ system, and the first native player for rekordbox™ music management software
- Pioneer’s rekordbox™ software goes mobile
- The all-new DigitalDJ-WeGO – the fun and affordable DJ console for beginners
- Pioneer DJ launches the DDJ-SX – the first native controller for Serato DJ
- CDJ-2000NXS-M - Limited Edition Platinum
- DJM-900NXS-M - Limited Edition Platinum
- RMX-1000-M - Limited Edition Platinum
- Pioneer launches the DJM-750 four-channel mixer
- The XDJ-R1 all-in-one DJ system – the portable, rekordbox ready DJ unit that delivers wireless control from iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- Pioneer DJ launches the S-DJ X series of active monitor speakers for DJs
- PLX-1000 Turntable
- Refined, Remastered, Reborn: Meet the new CDJ-2000NXS2 and DJM-900NXS2
- Toraiz AS1