This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pioneer Railcorp (OTC Pink No Information: PRRR) is a holding company for a number of American short-line railroads. Other subsidiaries offer locomotive and freight car leasing to its own railroads and to third parties, and also freight car cleaning. Pioneer also has interests in real estate and newsletter publishing.
The company, originally named Pioneer Railroad Company, was founded in January 1986 by Guy L. Brenkman. The company raised the capital for its first acquisition through a self-underwritten public stock offering. It continued this method of raising capital for subsequent acquisitions.
Almost all of the short lines owned by Pioneer are lines spun off by Class I railroads.
- Decatur Junction Railway (DT)
- Elkhart and Western Railroad (EWR)
- Fort Smith Railroad (FSR)
- Garden City Western Railway (GCW)
- Gettysburg and Northern Railroad (GET)
- Georgia Southern Railway (GS)
- Indiana Southwestern Railway (ISW)
- Kendallville Terminal Railway (KTR)
- Keokuk Junction Railway (KJRY)
- Michigan Southern Railroad (MSO)
- Mississippi Central Railroad (MSCI)
- Napoleon, Defiance & Western Railroad (formerly the Maumee and Western)
- Pioneer Industrial Railway (PRY)
- Ripley and New Albany Railroad (RNAB)
- Shawnee Terminal Railway (STR) (Out of Service)
- Vandalia Railroad (VRRC)
- Alabama and Florida Railway (AF) - Line totally abandoned in 2011.
- Alabama Railroad (ALAB) - Line totally abandoned in 2019
- West Michigan Railroad (WMI) - Line partially abandoned in 2012 then sold to the Hamilton Hartford Group on November 3, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pioneer Railcorp.|
|This United States rail–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Illinois-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|