|18 Aria Road, Piopio|
|Type||Co-Ed. Year 7-13.|
|Ministry of Education Institution no.||162|
|School roll||172 (February 2017)|
The College opened in 1975 when Piopio District High School was separated into Piopio Primary School and Piopio College. It won the Goodman Fielder Best School of the Year Award in 1999 jointly with Patearoa School.
Piopio District High School was formed in 1924. It was the first school in New Zealand to have a school bus service.
A combined schools centenary was held in March 2009.
- David Fagan - world class shearer
- Jenny-May Coffin - formerly Silver Ferns netball player, for which she was the vice-captain in 2001. TVNZ presenter.
- Farah Palmer - former captain of the Black Ferns
- Rob Waddell - world and Olympic champion rower; grinder for Team New Zealand in the Americas Cup
- Bob Ford - 1975-1979
- Brian Tegg - 1980-2001
- Tim Davies-Colley - 2002-2007
- David Day - 2008–2012
- Julie Radice - 2013 - present
- "Directory of Schools - as at 6 March 2017". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "Decile Change 2014 to 2015 for State & State Integrated Schools". Ministry of Education. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- "Down to earth focus". Education Gazette New Zealand. 79 (13). 24 July 2000.
- "Piopio College and Piopio Primary (ex Piopio District High School)". Education Gazette New Zealand. 22 October 2007.