|Born||9 July 1956 (age 59)
|Occupation||Film director, animator|
Piotr Dumala (born 9 July 1956 in Warsaw) is a Polish film director and animator. He is noted for his animation technique. While training to be a sculptor, he discovered that scratching images into painted plaster could be a beautiful way to create animations. This is only one technique of a method called destructive animation, where one image is erased (in this case, painted over) and re-drawn to create the next frame in the sequence. William Kentridge is another artist who works in this destructive way. Dumala's main themes, and the way to show them, recall ostensibly the world of writer Franz Kafka. His film Crime and Punishment was included in the Animation Show of Shows. His film Hipopotamy received Grand Prize for Independent Short Animation at 2014 Ottawa International Animation Festival.
- 1981 Lykantropia
- 1983 Czarny kapturek
- 1984 Latajace Wlosy
- 1985 A Gentle Spirit (Lagodna)
- 1987 Academy Leader Variations (segment)
- 1987 Nerwowe zycie kosmosu
- 1988 Walls (Sciany)
- 1989 Wolnosc nogi
- 1992 Franz Kafka
- 2000 Crime and Punishment (Zbrodnia i kara)
- 2009 The Forest (Las)
- 2014 Hipopotamy
- "Cinemablographer: Award Winners for the 2014 Ottawa International Animation Festival". www.cinemablographer.com. Retrieved 2016-03-13.
- ""Hipopotamy" Dumały wygrywają w Ottawie | Artykuł | Culture.pl". Culture.pl. Retrieved 2016-03-13.
- Piotr Dumała at the Internet Movie Database
- Piotr Dumała at culture.pl
- Interview with Piotr Dumała at Animation World Network
- Piotr Dumała at filmpolski.pl
|This article about a Polish film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|