Zieliński playing for Napoli in 2019
|Full name||Piotr Sebastian Zieliński|
|Date of birth||20 May 1994|
|Place of birth||Ząbkowice Śląskie, Poland|
|Height||1.8 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2003–2007||Orzeł Ząbkowice Śląskie|
|2014–2016||→ Empoli (loan)||63||(5)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 08:28, 11 June 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 28 March 2019
Piotr Sebastian Zieliński (Polish pronunciation: [pjɔtr ʑɛˈliɲski] (listen); born 20 May 1994) is a Polish footballer who plays as a midfielder for Italian team Napoli and the Polish national team. During his football career he played for such clubs as Zagłębie Lubin, Udinese, and Empoli. He was selected to play in Poland national football team at the 2016 UEFA European Championships in France as well as the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
He has two brothers who are also professional footballers – Paweł and Tomasz Zieliński.
Zieliński started his career at his local club, Orzeł Ząbkowice Śląskie, where he was coached by his father. At the age of 14, he joined Zagłębie Lubin, even though he was wanted by Bayer Leverkusen and Liverpool and also had trials at Feyenoord and Hereenveen. He rose through the ranks and started training with the first team at the age of 15, under Franciszek Smuda.
In 2014, he joined Empoli on loan. He scored on his debut.
On 4 August 2016, after months of transfer speculation, Zieliński moved from Udinese to Napoli for a reported €16 million.. He scored his first goal with Partenopei's shirt on 3rd December, 2016 against Football Club Internazionale Milano and he ended his first season with six goal.
- As of match played 25 May 2019
- As of match played 24 March 2019
- Scores and results list Poland's goal tally first.
|1.||14 August 2013||PGE Arena Gdańsk, Gdańsk, Poland||Denmark||Friendly|
|2.||10 September 2013||Stadio Olimpico, Serravalle, San Marino||San Marino||2014 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|4.||27 March 2018||Stadion Śląski, Chorzów, Poland||South Korea||Friendly|
|5.||8 June 2018||Stadion Miejski, Poznań, Poland||Chile|
|6.||7 September 2018||Stadio Renato Dall'Ara, Bologna, Italy||Italy||2018–19 UEFA Nations League A|
- "2018 FIFA World Cup Russia – List of Players" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 10 June 2018.
- "Skąd się wziął w Udinese Piotr Zieliński?" [How did Zielinski came to Udinese?] (in Polish). Weszło!. 18 April 2013. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "Debiut Piotra Zielińskiego w Serie A" [Piotr Zieliński debuts in Serie A] (in Polish). Interia. 2 December 2012. Retrieved 2 December 2012.
- "Official: Zielinski joins Napoli". Football Italia. 4 August 2016. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Skromna wygrana na pożegnanie Dudka" (in Polish). 90minut.pl.
- "Piotr Zieliński". Soccerway. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Zieliński, Piotr". National Football Teams. Retrieved 28 March 2018.