Pip and Jane Baker
|Pip and Jane Baker|
|Died||8 September 2014 (Jane Baker)|
|Occupation||Television writers and screenwriters|
|Known for||Doctor Who and Watt on Earth|
Philip and Jane Baker, professionally known as Pip and Jane Baker, were an English husband-and-wife team of television writers known mainly for their contributions to the BBC science-fiction series Doctor Who.
The Bakers scripted or contributed to four serials for the programme in the 1980s: The Mark of the Rani (1985), The Trial of a Time Lord (1986), Parts 9–12 and 14 (also known as Terror of the Vervoids and The Ultimate Foe); and Time and the Rani (1987). They have also written novelisations of these stories, as well as a Make Your Own Adventure With Doctor Who (Find Your Fate With Doctor Who in the United States) gamebook titled Race Against Time. Pip and Jane's audio story The Rani Reaps the Whirlwind featured the return of the Rani and was released in 2000.
Prior to Doctor Who, they scripted the episode "A Matter of Balance" (1976) for Gerry Anderson's TV series Space: 1999, as well as the films Night of the Big Heat (1967) and Captain Nemo and the Underwater City (1969). In the 1990s, they created and wrote the CBBC series Watt on Earth, the eponymous Watt being an alien who is trapped on Earth.
- Pip Baker at the Internet Movie Database
- Jane Baker at the Internet Movie Database
- Taylor, Frances (10 September 2014). "Doctor Who writer Jane Baker dies, Colin Baker reveals". Digital Spy. Hearst Corporation. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- Death of Jane Baker, contactmusic.com; accessed September 19, 2014.
- Pip Baker at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Jane Baker at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- On Target: Biography of Pip and Jane Baker