Pipe Creek Township, Madison County, Indiana
|Pipe Creek Township|
Location in Madison County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||42.47 sq mi (110.0 km2)|
|• Land||42.41 sq mi (109.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.14%|
|Elevation||860 ft (262 m)|
|• Density||294.6/sq mi (113.7/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46001, 46036, 46044|
|GNIS feature ID||0453741|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 42.47 square miles (110.0 km2), of which 42.41 square miles (109.8 km2) (or 99.86%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.14%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these nine cemeteries: Carr, Elwood, Howard, Prewett, Saint Josephs, Shell, Sigler, Stoken and Sunset Memorial Park.
Airports and landing strips
- Elwood Airport
- Elwood Community School Corporation
- Frankton-Lapel Community Schools
- Indiana's 6th congressional district
- State House District 36
- State Senate District 20
- State Senate District 25
- "Pipe Creek Township, Madison County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-08.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Forkner, John La Rue & Dyson, Byron H. (1897). Historical Sketches and Reminiscences of Madison County, Indiana. Wilson, Humprheys & Co. p. 872.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Pipe Creek Township
||Duck Creek Township||Boone Township|
|Madison Township, Tipton County||Monroe Township|
|White River Township, Hamilton County||Jackson Township||Lafayette Township|