Pipe Creek Township, Miami County, Indiana
|Pipe Creek Township|
Farmland in Pipe Creek Township
Location in Miami County
|Organized||6 September 1843|
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||25.59 sq mi (66.3 km2)|
|• Land||25.33 sq mi (65.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.26 sq mi (0.7 km2) 1.02%|
|Elevation||771 ft (235 m)|
|• Density||248.5/sq mi (95.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||46914, 46932, 46970|
|GNIS feature ID||453742|
Pipe Creek Township is one of fourteen townships in Miami County, Indiana, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 6,294 and it contained 2,936 housing units. The north three-quarters of Grissom Joint Air Reserve Base is in the southwest corner of the township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 25.59 square miles (66.3 km2), of which 25.33 square miles (65.6 km2) (or 98.98%) is land and 0.26 square miles (0.67 km2) (or 1.02%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these four cemeteries: Garnand, Leonda, Metzger and Springdale.
Airports and landing strips
- Weed Field Airport
- Maconaquah School Corporation
- Indiana's 5th congressional district
- State House District 23
- State House District 24
- State Senate District 18
- "Pipe Creek Township, Miami County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Stephens, John H. (1896). "Pipe Creek Township". History of Miami County. Peru, Indiana: The John H. Stephens Publishing House.
- Bodurtha, Arthur Lawrence (1914). History of Miami County, Indiana: A Narrative Account of Its Historical Progress, Its People and Its Principal Interests. Lewis Pub. p. 139.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 4/02/12 through 4/06/12. National Park Service. 2012-04-13.