3D model (JSmol)
|Molar mass||317.34 g·mol−1|
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
|what is ?)(|
Piperlongumine may have anti-cancer properties. In in vitro experiments, it selectively kills some types cancer cells over normal cells. One study in a xenograft mouse model of cancer showed that piperlongumine inhibits the growth of malignant breast tumors and their associated metastases. Its anticancer effects may be due to silencing the GSTP1 gene.
Some piperlongumine derivatives were potent anti-inflammatory agents. The synthesis typically involved Schotten-Baumann reaction between the acid chloride of 3,4,5-trimethoxycinnamic acid with the corresponding amines. Wang et al., evaluated piperlongumine as a novel senolytic agent.
- Raj, Lakshmi; Ide, Takao; Gurkar, Aditi U.; Foley, Michael; Schenone, Monica; Li, Xiaoyu; Tolliday, Nicola J.; Golub, Todd R.; et al. (2011). "Selective killing of cancer cells by a small molecule targeting the stress response to ROS". Nature. 475 (7355): 231–234. PMC . PMID 21753854. doi:10.1038/nature10167.
- "Novel Compound Selectively Kills Cancer Cells by Blocking Their Response to Oxidative Stress". ScienceDaily. July 2011.
- Researchers uncover mechanism for cancer-killing properties of pepper plant reporting on Structural and Biochemical Analyses Reveal the Mechanism of Glutathione S-Transferase Pi 1 Inhibition by the Anti-cancer Compound Piperlongumine. 2017
- Seo, Young Hwa; Kim, Jin-Kyung; Jun, Jong-Gab (2014). "Synthesis and biological evaluation of piperlongumine derivatives as potent anti-inflammatory agents". Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 24 (24): 5727–5730. ISSN 0960-894X. PMID 25453809. doi:10.1016/j.bmcl.2014.10.054.
- Wang, Y.; Chang, J.; Liu, X.; Zhang, X.; Zhang, S.; Zhang, X.; Zheng, G. (2016). "Discovery of piperlongumine as a potential novel lead for the development of senolytic agents". Aging. 8 (11): 2915–2926. doi:10.18632/aging.101100.