For other uses, see Pippa
||"lover of horses"
|Region of origin
Pippa is an English language diminutive feminine given name, as well as a nickname for Philippa, the feminine form of the masculine given name Philip, which comes from the Greek philein (to love) and hippos (horse). People with the name Pippa include:
- Pippa Black (b. 1982), Australian actress
- Pippa Funnell (b. 1968), British equestrienne
- Pippa Guard (b. 1952), British actress
- Pippa Haywood (b. 1955), English actress
- Pippa Middleton (b. 1983), English socialite, sister of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
- Pippa Scott (b. 1935), American actress
- Pippa Steel (1948–1992), German actress
- Rosalba Pippa, a musical performer
- Pippa Lucken, interpreter and translator (1999- ), shepshed
The name may have been popularised by Robert Browning's poem Pippa Passes.