Piquiatuba Transportes Aéreos
|Parent company||Piquiatuba Táxi Aéreo|
|Headquarters||Santarém, Pará, Brazil|
|Key people||Armando Amancio da Silva|
The company owns Piquiatuba Airfield (SNCJ) where most of its aircraft are kept and maintained.
Piquiatuba was founded in 2005.
As of July 2016 Piquiatuba operated regular services to the following destinations:
|Belém||BEL||SBBE||Val de Cans–Júlio Cezar Ribeiro International Airport|
|Novo Progresso||NPR||SJNP||Novo Progresso Airport|
|Parnaíba||PHB||SBPB||Pref. Dr. João Silva Filho International Airport|
|Santarém||STM||SBSN||Maestro Wilson Fonseca Airport|
|São Raimundo Nonato||SRN||SWKQ||Serra da Capivara Airport|
|Teresina||THE||SBTE||Sen. Petrônio Portella Airport|
As of July 2015 the fleet of Piquiatuba Transportes Aéreas included the following aircraft:
|Cessna 208B Grand Caravan||2||0||9|
|Embraer EMB120 Brasília||2||0||30|
|Embraer EMB810 Sêneca||1|
Airline affinity program
Piquiatuba Linhas Aéreas has no Frequent Flyer Program.
Accidents and incidents
- 06 August 2010: An Embraer EMB-810C Seneca II registration PT-RMX enroute from Piquiatuba airfield to Santarém for refueling experienced engine problems and landed on a farm. The pilot was unhurt. Investigation revealed the owner of the aircraft, Piquiatuba Taxi Áereo LTDA had not been following proper maintenance procedures.
- 07 September 2017: A Cessna 210 registration PT-KKK on a medevac flight to Piquiatuba (SNCJ), 16km southeast of the airport. The airplane lost engine power and diverted to Santarém. Unable to reach the runway, the pilot decided to land the aircraft on a beach 4 km east of the runway. All 4 people onboard survived. The investigation concluded the airplane did not have enough fuel for the flights it made, ultimately resulting in the crash due to fuel starvation to the engine. This accident resulted in Brazil's Aeronautical Accidents Investigation and Prevention Center (CENIPA) recommending the suspension of Piquiatuba Taxi Aéreo's license due to poor operational safety management.
- "Horário de voos" (in Portuguese). Piquiatuba. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- "Frota atual das empresas brasileiras" (in Portuguese). Aeromuseu. 25 July 2015. Archived from the original on 26 February 2012. Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2016): 7.
- "ACIDENTE 06/08/2010 PTRMX". www.potter.net.br. Retrieved 2019-01-13.
- "ACIDENTE 07/09/2017 PTKKK". www.potter.net.br. Retrieved 2019-01-13.