Pir Mohammad Karwan
|Pir Mohammad Karwan
پیر محمد کاروان
|Known for||Poetry and short stories|
Karwan has published four collections of poetry and two collections of short stories.
- La Mashama Tar Mashama - له ماښامه تر ماښامه
- Chinar Khabari Kawee - چنار خبرې کوي
- Da Shapiray Warghawai - د ښاپېرۍ ورغوی
- Zarzari Wazare - زرزري وزرې
- La Nargisa Tar Nargisa - له نرګسه تر نرګسه
- Ghrah Ta Rawan Saray - غره ته روان سړی
Currently Karwan works with BBC's Afghan education drama project as a drama writer.
Karwan is one of the founding father of افغان ادبي بهير Afghan Literary Movement aimed at nurturing new generation of Afghan poets. The movement was founded in the late 1980s by the then refugee Afghan poets, Siddique Pasarly, Nisar Haris, Mustafa Salik and Pir Muhammad Karwan in Peshawar city. This non-profit movement has given birth to many inspiring poets and writers in this war-torn country. Currently the movement is operating from the Cinema Pamir building in Kabul. The movement has a principle stand not to accept any donations, funds etc in a bid to secure its independence.
- "Pir Muhammad Karwaan". www.poetrytranslation.org. Retrieved 2016-04-15.
- "Flowers and Man". www.poetrytranslation.org. Retrieved 2016-04-15.
|This article about an Afghan poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|