Piranha (compositing software)
|Developer(s)||Interactive Effects, Inc.|
|Operating system||OS X, Windows, Linux|
Piranha is a digital imaging application produced by Interactive Effects, Inc. Its features include editing, compositing, conforming, color grading, 2D and 3D paint, and titling. Piranha has been used to produce imagery for feature films, TV shows, and electronic entertainment titles since its debut in the mid-1990s.
|Piranha Animator 2.0||Apr 1996||SGI||$5,000||Initially released as addon to Amazon Paint|
|Piranha Animator 2.5||Apr 1997||SGI||-||Integration with Amazon 3D Paint|
|Piranha 3.0||Jul 1998||SGI||-||SGI Octane & Onyx video support|
|Piranha 3.5||May 2002||SGI||-||Color corrector wheels, image compare|
|Piranha 4.0||Feb 2004||SGI/Linux||-||First Linux release|
|Piranha 5.0||2007||SGI/Linux||-||Introduced Piranha Player, Director, and Multipipe|
|Piranha 7.0||Apr 2012||OS X / Linux||$995||First OS X release. Price reduced to $995.|
|Piranha 8.0||Apr 2013||Windows / OS X / Linux||$995||First Windows release. Support for 4k/8k resolution, stereoscopic 3D, HDRI|
- IFX Piranha Announces 8 for Windows, Interactive Effects, Inc., April 21, 2013.
- Piranha Takes a Bite Out of Time, Digital Content Producer, April 1, 1999.
- Interactive Effects Announces PIRANHA ANIMATOR 2.0, Interactive Effects, Inc., April 15, 1996, archived from the original on May 30, 1998
- Interactive Effects to Release Amazon Paint/3D Paint V2.5, Interactive Effects, Inc., January 27, 1997, archived from the original on January 28, 1999
- Interactive Effects Announces New Amazon Technology to Debut at SIGGRAPH 98, Interactive Effects, Inc., May 4, 1998, archived from the original on December 3, 1998
- Piranha Version 3.5, May 20, 2002, archived from the original on January 5, 2003
- Announcing Piranha 4.0, archived from the original on October 21, 2004
- 3D Compositing, Bakhter.com
- IFX Piranha Announces 8 for Windows, April 21, 2013