Pirate (sexual slang)
This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (December 2013)
Pirate has multiple meanings in sexual slang. Several of them emerged in the 20th century and play off the tradition that pirates took whatever they wanted, including sex, which was "seen as a conquest."
A more recent slang usage is a fictitious sex act called "the pirate" or "the angry pirate". Sex columnist Dan Savage fielded a question from a reader who asked about the act. The reader described it as "when you’re getting a blowjob from a girl, and when you cum, you ejaculate in her eye. Then you kick her in the shin. The result is the woman is squinting her eye and hopping up and down on one foot, holding her leg and screaming, "ARRRGH!" Savage replied "no one has ever attempted "the Pirate," just as no one has ever performed a Hot Karl, delivered a donkey punch, or inserted an Icy Mike. They’re all fictions."  Author Jordan Tate, commenting in The Contemporary Dictionary of Sexual Euphemisms (2007) said this "falls into the class of theoretical euphemisms that are infrequent, impractical, and violent." Tate said these terms originated sometime after the sexual revolution, when the empowerment of women was threatening the place of men in contemporary society. [...] This shift in gender paradigms left men feeling threatened, and to reassert their authority, they created and popularized these theoretical and violent euphemisms.
The term is also used in compound words, including "tango pirate," popularized in the early 20th century to describe gigolos who sought out wealthy women at dances. The terms "butt pirate" or "ass pirate" or "poo pirate" have been used as sexual slurs for gay men. The term "Pamper pirate" has been used to describe a child molester.
- Dalzell, Tom; Victor, Terry (2007). Sex Slang. Psychology Press, ISBN 9780415371803
- Green, Jonathon (2005). Cassell's Dictionary of Slang. Sterling Publishing Company, Inc., ISBN 9780304366361
- Denton-Brown, Nick et al (Eds.) (2009). Dirty Sanchez's Guide to Buck Nasty Sex. Ulysses Press, ISBN 9781569757208
- Dan Savage (December 23–29, 2004). "No Shit?". The Stranger. Retrieved February 16, 2012.
- Jordan Tate (9 January 2007). The Contemporary Dictionary of Sexual Euphemisms. Macmillan. p. 34. ISBN 978-0-312-36298-0. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
|Look up Pirate in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|This sexuality-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|