Pirate Party (Slovenia)
Freedom of information
|International affiliation||Pirate Parties International|
0 / 90
0 / 7
The party was founded on the same common grounds and principles as other Pirate parties throughout the world, most notably the Swedish Pirate Party. It became a member of the Pirate Parties International on 12 March 2011 at the Pirate Parties International conference in Friedrichshafen, Germany.
The party's programme currently consists of seven topics:
- Respect of human rights.
- Privacy and data protection.
- Free and neutral Internet.
- Government and political transparency.
- Copying monopoly ("copyright") reform.
- Open standards and file formats.
- Free software.
The Pirate Party of Slovenia and its original founder Robert Pal first appeared in the Slovenian media in 2009. Until 2012 the party stayed in relative obscurity with only a small circle of active members, mainly discussing current events on the copyright front.
On 12 March 2011, with a unanimous vote, the party entered Pirate Parties International.
- "Slovenia also gets a Pirate Party". MMC RTV Slovenije. 17 October 2012. Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- Predčasne Volitve V Državni Zbor 2014 Republika Slovenija - Državna volilna komisija. Accessed 13 July 2014