Pirate Party Luxembourg
|Founded||4 October 2009|
|Headquarters||1a, rue de Luxembourg|
L-8184 Kopstal (Koplescht)
|European affiliation||European Pirate Party|
|International affiliation||Pirate Parties International|
Purple, White, Black
|Chamber of Deputies|
2 / 60
|European Parliament (Luxembourg seats)|
0 / 6
3 / 600
|Part of a series on|
The Pirate Party Luxembourg (Luxembourgish: Piratepartei Lëtzebuerg, German: Piratenpartei Luxemburg, French: Parti pirate du Luxembourg) is a registered political party in Luxembourg. The party follows the pirate political doctrine developed by the Swedish Pirate Party. It champions citizen's rights, improved data protection and privacy for physical persons, more transparency of government, free access to information and education. Beyond this, it calls for an in-depth overhaul of copyright and patent law, and opposes every form of censorship. A fundamental principle is grassroots democracy, which gives the possibility to each member to help shape the future of the party. Like most parties in Luxembourg, the Pirate Party is vigourously pro-European. It is a member of Pirate Parties International, the umbrella organisation of the international Pirate Party movement.
The President is Sven Clement, who was also the main candidate for the general elections in 2013 and the European elections in 2014. The vice-president is Sven Wohl, the treasurer is Ben Allard and the general secretary is Andy Maar. Another prominent figure is Jerry Weyer, former vice-president and co-founder of the party who was also co-president of Pirate Parties International (PPI) from March 2010 to 2011.
0 / 60
2 / 60
- Nordsieck, Wolfram (2018). "Luxembourg". Parties and Elections in Europe. Retrieved 10 April 2019.
- About PPI, Pirate Party International.
- "Piratenpartei Luxemburg macht klar Schiff". Luxemburger Wort (in German). 5 October 2009. Archived from the original on 7 October 2009. Retrieved 6 January 2010.
- (in Luxembourgish) Geschicht vun der Piratepartei Lëtzebuerg Archived 2018-10-15 at the Wayback Machine, Piratepartei Lëtzebuerg.
-  Archived 2018-10-17 at the Wayback Machine, Pirateparty Luxembourg, presidency meeting protocol
- Pirates ready for first general elections, Wort.lu/en
- Piraten starten in Europa-Wahlkampf, Wort.lu
- Patrick Mächler steps down - Jerry Weyer Steps up!, PPI, 2 March 2010
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pirate Party Luxembourg.|