Pirate Party of Ukraine
|Pirate Party of Ukraine|
|Піратська Партія України|
|Founded||27 September 2011 |
|Ideology||Pirate politics, civil rights, freedom and development of culture, patent reform|
|Politics of Ukraine
The Pirate Party of Ukraine (Ukrainian: Піратська Партія України) is a political party in Ukraine. Based on the model of the Swedish Pirate Party, it supports reform of copyright law, the abolition of patents, and respect for privacy. The party was not a founding member (in 2010) of Pirate Parties International but it joined them in April 2013. As of August 2013 the party is not officially registered as such by the Ukrainian Ministry of Justice.
In the 2012 parliamentary election the party supported independent candidate Tetyana Montyan in single-member district number 212 (first-past-the-post wins a parliament seat) located in Kiev; she became fifth in this district with 9% of the votes.
- "Registration order" (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 2011-12-16.
- "About us" (in Ukrainian). Pirate Party of Ukraine. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "22 Pirate Parties from all over the world officially founded the Pirate Parties International". Pirate Parties International. 2010-04-21. Retrieved 2010-05-28.
- "About the PPI". Pirate Parties International.
- (Ukrainian) Європейські пірати будуть об'єднуватися в Києві European pirates will join in Kyiv, Pirate Party of Ukraine
- Official databases of political parties in Ukraine, Ukrainian Ministry of Justice
- (Ukrainian) Українські пірати підтримують Тетяну Монтян! Ukrainian Tetyana Montyan support pirates! , Pirate Party of Ukraine (17 August 2012)
- (Ukrainian)Округ №212 Single-mandate constituency № 212, NB News
- Alphabetical Index of parties in 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election, Central Election Commission of Ukraine
|This article about a political party in Ukraine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|