This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Founded||15 September 2005|
|Founders||Guy Saner and Lindsey Whelan|
Piriform Ltd is a British software company based in London, owned since 2017 by Avast. The company develops cleaning and optimisation tools for Microsoft Windows, macOS and Android operating systems, including CCleaner, Defraggler, Recuva and Speccy. On 22 September 2015, Piriform launched CCleaner Cloud, to maintain computers remotely.
CCleaner was launched in 2004 by founders Guy Saner and Lindsey Whelan.
CCleaner is a computer cleaning software featuring MacOS and Windows versions. CCleaner has the option to clean computer browser software including Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox as well as a computer system's temporary files. It has a separate tab to clean the registry. (A potential backup of regedit is available.) CCleaner's other tools include editing and uninstalling programs, editing the operating system's startup apps and the editing of browser plugins. It can analyse hard disks individually to determine which files are taking the most space. It can search for duplicate files to help reduce drive storage space. It allows one to quickly access system restore points, and it can wipe clean the free space on individual drives to completely remove deleted files.
- "Piriform Blog - CCleaner Cloud has Launched!". Piriform. 22 September 2015. Archived from the original on 12 April 2016. Retrieved 22 September 2015.
- "Piriform Product page". Piriform. Retrieved 10 November 2007.
- "Piriform company Info page". Piriform. Retrieved 10 November 2007.
- "A first look at CCleaner Cloud - gHacks Tech News". gHacks.net. 25 September 2015. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- "Hackers compromised free CCleaner software, Avast's Piriform says". 18 September 2017. Retrieved 6 October 2017 – via Reuters.
- Sawers, Paul (19 July 2017). "Avast acquires Piriform, maker of popular system cleaning program CCleaner". VentureBeat. Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "CCleanup: A Vast Number of Machines at Risk". blog.TalosIntelligence.com. September 2017. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- "Avast urges devs to secure toolchains after hacked build box led to CCleaner disaster," JohnLeyden, The Register, 6 Oct 2017