Pirogov Glacier (Bulgarian: Пирогов ледник, ‘Pirogov Lednik’ \pi-ro-'gov 'led-nik\) is a 5 km long and 1.5 km wide glacier situated south of Djerassi Glacier, west of the head of Mackenzie Glacier and northwest of Balanstra Glacier on Brabant Island in the Palmer Archipelago, Antarctica. It drains the south-southwest slopes of Mount Parry and flows westwards to enter Dallmann Bay south of Minot Point.
Pirogov Glacier is centred at Coordinates: . British mapping in 1980 and 2008.
- Antarctic Digital Database (ADD). Scale 1:250000 topographic map of Antarctica. Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR), 1993-2015.
- British Antarctic Territory. Scale 1:200000 topographic map. DOS 610 Series, Sheet W 64 62. Directorate of Overseas Surveys, Tolworth, UK, 1980.
- Brabant Island to Argentine Islands. Scale 1:250000 topographic map. British Antarctic Survey, 2008.
- Pirogov Glacier. SCAR Composite Gazetteer of Antarctica.
- Bulgarian Antarctic Gazetteer. Antarctic Place-names Commission. (details in Bulgarian, basic data in English)
This article includes information from the Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria which is used with permission.
|This Palmer Archipelago location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This glaciology article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|