|Origin||Nashville, Tennessee, United States|
Pistol Annies is an American country music group composed of Miranda Lambert, Ashley Monroe, and Angaleena Presley. The trio gave its debut performance on April 4, 2011, on the CBS special Academy of Country Music's Girls' Night Out: Superstar Women of Country. The trio released its debut album Hell on Heels in 2011 on Columbia Records Nashville. Its title track was released as a single and a music video.
Pistol Annies made their debut on April 22, 2011, on the Academy of Country Music's Girls' Night Out: Superstar Women of Country on CBS, performing "Hell on Heels". The women gave themselves the nicknames "Lonestar Annie" (Lambert), "Hippie Annie" (Monroe), and "Holler Annie" (Presley). They released the album Hell on Heels on August 23, 2011, with the title song being released for purchase on their website two months earlier, on June 12. After a series of performances during Lambert concerts, the Pistol Annies performed three sold-out headlining shows in December 2011 with guest performances by John Fogerty and Blake Shelton.
The trio was featured on the track "Come All Ye Fair and Tender Ladies" on the 2012 album Voice of Ages by The Chieftains. The Pistol Annies song "Run Daddy Run" appears on the soundtrack album The Hunger Games: Songs from District 12 and Beyond. The band performed their autobiographical single "Takin' Pills" at the 2012 CMT Music Awards.
Annie Up, the trio's second studio album, was released on May 7, 2013. It was preceded by the lead single "Hush Hush," which became the Pistol Annies' first chart entry on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. The group is also featured on the Blake Shelton single, "Boys 'Round Here," from his 2013 album, Based on a True Story….
The group cancelled all tour stops in June 2013, according to their record label, "due to unforeseen circumstances". Lambert still performed as a solo act in June. Monroe went to the Mermaids of Alcatraz Tour with Train. In August 2014, Angaleena Presley confirmed that the group was on temporary hiatus, saying that due to the success of Lambert's and Monroe's solo careers, the band "just had to take a little break but never say never."  Whilst promoting their appearances at the 2016 C2C festival, both Miranda Lambert and Ashley Monroe stressed that the Pistol Annies had not disbanded and intended to work together when all three members were available. They also stated their hope to one day do a UK tour.
In 2017, the Annies recorded a cover of the song "Tulsa Time" which appeared on a Don Williams tribute album titled Gentle Giants: The Songs of Don Williams which was released on May 26. In an interview with Billboard, Lambert revealed that a new Pistol Annies album would be released in 2018. On September 26, 2018, the Pistol Annies released three tracks from their latest album, Interstate Gospel, which was released on November 2, 2018. They performed a fourth track, "Sugar Daddy", at the CMT Artists of the Year telecast.
The Pistol Annies appeared in Nashville on June 6–9 for 2019 CMA Fest. In September 2019, the Pistol Annies began touring as part of Miranda Lambert's Roadside Bars and Pink Guitars tour, which runs through November 23.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Certifications
|Hell on Heels||1||5||—||
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Certifications
|US Country Airplay||US|
|2011||"Hell on Heels"||—||—||55||Hell on Heels|
|2013||"Hush Hush"||41||43||—||Annie Up|
|2018||"Got My Name Changed Back”||48||52||—||Interstate Gospel|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|Year||Single||Artist||Peak chart positions||Certifications
|US Country||US Country Airplay||US||CAN Country
|2013||"Boys 'Round Here"||Blake Shelton||2||1||12||1||12||Based on a True Story…|
Other charted songs
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Album|
|US Country||US Country Airplay
|2011||"Boys from the South"A||—||—||108||Hell on Heels|
|2012||"Blue Christmas" (with Blake Shelton)||—||59||—||Cheers, It's Christmas (Blake Shelton album)|
|2013||"I Feel a Sin Comin' On"||43||—||—||Annie Up|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
- ADid not enter the Hot 100 but charted on Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles.
|2011||"Hell on Heels"||Becky Fluke|
|2013||"Boys 'Round Here" (with Blake Shelton)||Trey Fanjoy|
|2018||"Got My Name Changed Back"||Peter Zavadil|
Collaborations and non album tracks
- "Come All Ye Fair and Tender Ladies" (2012) with The Chieftains, featured on Voice of Ages
- "Run Daddy Run" (2012) featured on The Hunger Games: Songs from District 12 and Beyond
- "Blue Christmas" (2012) featured on Blake Shelton's Cheers, It's Christmas
- "You Were Meant For Me" (2013) featured on Jewel's "Greatest Hits"
- "Tulsa Time" (2017) featured on Gentle Giants: A Tribute to Don Williams"
|2011||American Country Awards||New Artist of the Year||–||Nominated|
|2012||CMT Awards||Group Video of the Year||"Hell On Heels"||Nominated|
|Breakthrough Video of the Year||"Hell On Heels"||Nominated|
|2013||CMT Awards||Group Video of the Year||"Takin' Pills"||Nominated|
|2020||Grammy Awards||Best Country Album||Interstate Gospel||Nominated|
- Hughes, Donna (April 5, 2011). "Miranda Lambert Forms an All-Girl Trio, Pistol Annies". The Boot. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- Mease, Jason (July 28, 2011). "Watch Pistol Annies' Debut Music Video "Hell On Heels"". Great American Country. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- Stromblad, Cory (July 29, 2011). "Pistol Annies, 'Hell on Heels' -- New Video". The Boot. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- Wolff, Kurt (June 11, 2013). "Pistol Annies Cancel All June Tour Dates". news.radio.com. CBS Radio. Archived from the original on August 23, 2013. Retrieved August 22, 2013.
- "Ashley Monroe will be joining us on our Mermaids Of Alcatraz Tour! - Train". Savemesanfrancisco.com. 2013-03-05. Archived from the original on 2013-03-23. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- "Angeleena Presley Confirms Pistol Annies are on Hold, Debuts First Solo Album - Fox News". News Corp. August 27, 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-22.
- "Miranda Lambert Promises New Pistol Annies Album in 2018". Rollingstone.com.
- "Miranda Lambert Says New Pistol Annies Album Coming in 2018". Taste of Country.
- "Pistol Annies Drops 3 New Tracks From New Album "Interstate Gospel"". Saving Country Music.
- "YouTube". YouTube. Retrieved 2020-04-23.
- "Dan + Shay, Pistol Annies In 2019 CMA Fest Lineup". Grammy.com. Retrieved 2020-04-23.
- Freeman, Jon; Freeman, Jon (2019-04-05). "Miranda Lambert Plots Roadside Bars and Pink Guitars 2019 Tour". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2019-11-09.
- "Pistol Annies Chart History: Country Albums". Billboard. Retrieved November 13, 2018.
- "Pistol Annies Chart History: Billboard 200". Billboard. Retrieved November 13, 2018.
- "Pistol Annies Chart History: Canadian Albums". Billboard. Retrieved November 13, 2018.
- "American album certifications – Pistol Annies – Hell On Heels". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH.
- "Country Album Chart News - The Week of June 5, 2013: Blake Shelton is #1, Florida Georgia Line, George Strait | New Country Music, Listen to Songs & Video". Roughstock.com. 2013-06-05. Archived from the original on June 10, 2013. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "Country Album Chart News - The Week of June 5, 2013: Blake Shelton is #1, Florida Georgia Line, George Strait | New Country Music, Listen to Songs & Video". Roughstock.com. 2013-06-05. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- Bjorke, Matt (February 25, 2020). "Top 10 Country Albums Chart in Pure Sales: February 24, 2020". Roughstock. Retrieved March 4, 2020.
- "Pistol Annies Chart History: Country Songs". Billboard. Retrieved November 13, 2018.
- "Maroon 5, Christian Aguilera's 'Jagger' Moves to No. 1 on Hot 100". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved August 31, 2011.
- "American single certifications – Pistol Annies – Hell On Heels". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.
- "Pistol Annies Album & Song Chart History - Canada Country". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- "American single certifications – Blake Shelton – Boys %27Round Here". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.
- "Chart Highlights: Phillip Phillips Makes History On Adult Pop Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved December 17, 2012.
- "Bubbling Under Hot 100 Week of September 10, 2011". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved September 13, 2012.
- "CMT : Videos : Pistol Annies : Hell on Heels". Country Music Television. Retrieved July 23, 2011.
- on YouTube