Pit er Pat
|Pit er Pat|
|Origin||Illinois, United States|
|Labels||BAROS, Overcoat, Mythologies, Thrill Jockey, Headz|
|Associated acts||Boredoms, Death’s Groove, Matteah Baim|
|Members||Fay Davis-Jeffers, Butchy Fuego|
|Past members||Rob Doran|
Pit er Pat is an Experimental band from Chicago Illinois. They formed in 2004 as the trio of Fay Davis-Jeffers on keyboard and vocals, former founding member of Alkaline Trio Rob Doran on bass, and Butchy Fuego on drums. Their sound is very atmospheric and has a dark ambience that is similar to other instrumental avant-garde groups. Much of the group's offerings are rhythmically complex as well. The vocals offered by Fay give the band a well rounded sound like that of another female fronted indie band, the Fiery Furnaces, whom Pit er Pat toured with in the winter of 2007.
The group released nine records between 2004–2008, touring extensively throughout the United States, Europe, and Mexico. After the album "High Time" was released in October 2008, Doran left the group for other pursuits. In the spring of 2009, Fuego and Davis-Jeffers toured as a duo for the first time, performing all new music. The tour included a performance at All Tomorrow's Parties festival in Minehead, England.
In 2004, Pit er Pat performed on the second volume of the Burn to Shine DVD series. On July 7, 2007 Butchy Fuego participated in the Yamantaka Eye (Boredoms) lead drum collaboration/concert 77 Boadrum at Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park in Brooklyn, New York.
- The Babies Are Tired/Lullaby (12") - Baros - 2004
- Emergency EP (CD) - Overcoat Recordings - 2004
- "Emergency" (LP) - Mythologies - 2004
- "Big Pants/Jump Off" (split 7" w/ Icy Demons) - Polyvinyl Record Co. - 2004
- Shakey (CD/LP) - Thrill Jockey - 2005
- 3D Message EP (CD) - Thrill Jockey - 2006
- Pyramids (CD/LP) - Thrill Jockey - 2006
- "Feel No Pain" (CD) - Self-Released - 2007
- Covers EP - Thrill Jockey - 2007
- High Time (CD/LP) - Thrill Jockey - 2008
- "High Time Remix" (12") - Thrill Jockey - 2009
- The Flexible Entertainer (CD/LP) - Thrill Jockey - 2010
- "The Fiery Furnaces, Pit Er Pat, Drug Rug Concert". The Daily Page, 2007. Retrieved December 17, 2007. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "ffconcert" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- www.piterpat.com Official site.
- Butchy Fuego at MySpace
- Label Site at Thrill Jockey
- Rob Doran art site
- Interview with Centerstage Chicago (July 2005)