This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|District||North West Delhi|
|• Body||Municipal Corporation of Delhi|
|• Official||Hindi, English Punjabi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Civic agency||Municipal Corporation of Delhi|
Pitampura is a residential area in North West Delhi district of Delhi, India. It is a planned neighbourhood developed by the DDA in the 1980s, and Pitampura TV Tower, was built in 1988. Dilli Haat Pitampura is also situated near the TV tower. Situated in North -part of Delhi, it is an upscale residential, commercial and retail centre. The area is encompassed between Outer and Inner Ring Roads, NH-1 and Rohtak Road. It has two wards, Pitampura and Pitampura North, under the Rohini zone of Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD).
It is home to many government servants from central administrative services. This locality got its name from the "Pitampura Village" located near Madhuban Chowk, this village's history is around 400–500 years old. It was developed by Delhi Development Authority (DDA) in 1980s.
Pitampura also has plotted houses developed by the DDA . North Pitampura is divided into AU, BU, CU, DU, EU, F1U, GU, HU, JU, KU, LU, MU, NU, PU blocks etc. and it also has Co-Operative housing societies like Maurya Enclave, Saraswati Vihar, Lok Vihar, Deepali Enclave, Pushpanjali Enclave, Tarun Enclave, Vasudha Enclave, Rajdhani Enclave,"'Chanderlok Enclave"', Sainik Vihar, Vishakha Enclave, Maurya Enclave, West Enclave etc. In addition, there are plenty of flatted societies like Rajasthali Apartments, Mandakini Apartments, Madhuban Apartments, Income Tax Colony, Ashiana, Xavier Apartments, Vidya Vihar.
Delhi's second Dilli Haat, a traditional food and crafts bazaar, was developed by Delhi Tourism and Transportation Development Corporation (DTTDC) in Pitampura, close to Pitampura TV Tower and spread over 7.2 hectares, started in 2003, and opened in April 2008. It is one amongst the most expensive and posh places to live in Delhi or North Delhi with lush neighbourhood. Delhi Development Authority has developed a new HIG Housing Complex near TV Tower, as a part of its “DDA Housing Scheme-2008”.
Pitampura also attracts people from all over Delhi for shopping due to many high class brands present and presence of Netaji Subhash Place, Pitampura, a place to hang out. It is also a hub to many jewellery shops like Tanishq, Kalyan jewelers, PC Jewelers, etc.
The various major attractions of the region are-
- Dilli Haat Pitam Pura
- Pitampura TV Tower
- District Park
- Pitampura Club
- Netaji Subhash Place
- Hotel City Park
- Fun Cinemas(Now Cinepolis)
- Max Hospital
- Samosa Junction
- Shake Eat Up
- Velocity Fitness Clinic
- Pahwa Buildcon Pvt. Ltd.
- Sai Baba Mandir
- Kali Mata Mandir
- Pitampura village
- Gopal Mandir
- Movie Time Pitampura
- Kalyan Jewelers
Several schools, colleges and vocational training institutes are growing in number here. One of those big ones is Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, popular for Bachelor of Business Economics (BBE), Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Economics and Keshav Mahavidyalaya, popular for Bachelor of Psychology & Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) and the other is Kasturba Polytechnic For Women. Students across the country come here for higher studies.
- Rukmini Devi Institute of Advanced Studies
- Delhi School of Business (VIPS Technical Campus)
- Management Studies:Magnum Opus School of Business Studies, Netaji Subhash Place
- Jagannath Institute of Management Studies
- Schools: Rukmini Devi Public School, St.Stephens School Pitampura, Kendriya Vidyalaya TP Block Pitampura, DAV Public School Pushpanjali Enclave, Apeejay School, Pitampura, Delhi, Maxfort School, pitampura, Delhi Bal Bharati Public School,Pitampura, S.D public school, Darbari Lal DAV Model School, Guru Nanak Public School, KIIT World School, Sachdeva Public School, Abhinav public school, Delhi Public School, Rohini, VMC, FIITJEE, Career Launcher ,Aakash Institute, Clat Possible and many more.Govt. of Delhi
Shopping and entertainment
With the advent of shopping malls and retail outlets of world-renowned brands and designer labels, like Gold Souk, Pacific Mall, M2K Cinemas, PVR, Fun Republic, Pitampura has developed really well, resulting in a skyrocketing of the real estate prices in the area. Pitampura also has some High-Class hotels like "Hotel City Park" and even otherwise. Also, Netaji Subash Place (NSP), which is a hangout hub for Delhiites comes under Pitampura.
Dilli Haat (Pitampura)
Dilli Haat at Pitam Pura, north-west Delhi, near the TV Tower, is the second of its kind project of Delhi Tourism and Transport Development Corporation. The success of the Dilli Haat at INA market encouraged the DITDC to open another, bigger and better Dilli Haat, at Pitampura.
The Pitampura Haat, like its progenitor at INA market will showcase tribal art and craft, culture, cuisine, music, as well as the essence of street culture. The gateway to the Haat will serve as a street plaza. Vendors selling everything from paper toys and balloons to popcorn will get space on the walkway, giving a feel of Delhi’s street culture.
There is to be a spice court which will allow shoppers to pick up authentic spices. Right next to it is the art court comprising an exhibition and art gallery space. The craft shops have been organized in two blocks along a central axis. At the rear of the Haat there is an amphitheatre and food court, but to reach the food court you will have to walk through the craft stores. It is a clever way of attracting people to buy as these food stalls attract the maximum crowd.
It is very close to Rohini, Model Town, Shalimar Bagh, Punjabi Bagh, Ashok Vihar, Lawrence Road areas. Pitampura has many housing colonies like SD-Tower Apartments (known for the largest Super HIG flats by DDA and also for its nearness to Netaji Subhash district center and TV Tower), Vaishali, Saraswati Vihar (the largest colony of Pitampura), Lok Vihar, Ajay Apartments, Apna Ghar Society, Bank Vihar, I.D.P.L. Colony, Kohat Enclave, Rohit kunj, Sandesh vihar, Jhulelal Apartments, Engineer's Enclave, Harsh Vihar, Kapil Vihar, Vishakha Enclave, Maurya Enclave etc. These societies have various facilities like community centres, central parks and parking lots.
- Travel Delhi, India. MobileReference. 2007. ISBN 1-60501-051-0.
- Dilli Haat Delhi Tourism.
- List of Councillors / Elected Members: Zone : Rohini Zone[permanent dead link] Municipal Corporation of Delhi.
- Viswambhar Nath (2007). "Delhi". Urbanization, urban development, and metropolitan cities in India. Concept Publishing Company. p. 251. ISBN 81-8069-412-7.
- "Dilli Haat now in Pitampura On 5 October 2011 Indian celebrity illusionist and magician Rajesh Kumar vanished this 235 mt TV Tower in the broad day light for a live audience for the promotion of a Magic Festival which was organised by delhi tourism on 7–9 October 2011.[". The Times of India. Nov 1, 2003.
- "CM inaugurates Pitampura Haat". Indian Express. Apr 14, 2008. Archived from the original on July 30, 2012.
- "DDA launching new housing scheme soon". The Hindu. Aug 2, 2008.
- Schools in North Delhi