Pitcairn PA-1 Fleetwing
|Pitcairn PA-1 Fleetwing|
|Pitcairn PA-1 Fleetwing model on display at the EAA Airventure Museum.|
|National origin||United States of America|
|Manufacturer||Pitcairn Aircraft Company|
|Designer||Agnew E. Larson|
The Fleetwing biplane featured three cockpits capable carrying four revenue sightseeing passengers. The fuselage used (square and round) steel tubing with fabric covering. The squarish fuselage featured a slanted radiator on the front of the lower cowling
Specifications (Pitcairn PA-1 Fleetwing)
Data from Aerofiles
- Capacity: 5
- Length: 25 ft 11 in (7.90 m)
- Wingspan: 38 ft (12 m)
- Powerplant: 1 × Curtiss C-6 , 160 hp (120 kW)
- Maximum speed: 96 kn; 177 km/h (110 mph)
- Cruise speed: 81 kn; 150 km/h (93 mph)
- Stall speed: 39 kn; 72 km/h (45 mph)
- American Aviation Historical Society. AAHS journal, Volume 31.
- Frank Kingston Smith. Legacy of wings: the story of Harold F. Pitcairn.
- "Pitcairn". Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- Robert J. Serling. From the captain to the colonel: an informal history of Eastern Airlines.
- Jack Cox (November 1991). "Harold Armstrongs Pitcairn Fleetwing". Sport Aviation.