|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Clockwise from Top Left: Kukkuteswara and Padagaya Temple Complex, Pithapuram Railway Station, Ratnachal Express Speeding through Pithapuram Railway Station, Fields near Pithapuram, Landscape View at Pithapuram, Kunti Madhavaswamy Temple
|• Total||41.13 km2 (15.88 sq mi)|
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|• Density||1,300/km2 (3,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Pithapuram or Peetha Puram is a town and a municipality in East Godavari district in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The town also forms a part of Godavari Urban Development Authority. The temple town is one of fifty five Shakti Peethas.
Pithapuram is located at  It has an average elevataion of 10 meters (33 feet). It is located near several beaches though not one in particular. It is in between 2 major cities; Kakinada and Rajahmundry. Pitapuram though is landlocked town and most of the economic activity takes place in Kakinada.14 km away from bay of Bengal.Pithapuram is also well known for the The CBM Christian Medical Centre which was started by Missionary Doctor Dr. E. Smith..
As of 2011[update] Census of India, the town had a population of 52,360. The total population constitute, 25,891 males, 26,469 females and 5,116 children, in the age group of 0–6 years. The average literacy rate stands at 75.00% with 35,434 literates, higher than the national average of 73.00%.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "Constitution of Godavari Urban Development Authority with headquarters at Godavari" (PDF). Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- Falling Rain Genomics.Pithapuram
- "Chapter–3 (Literates and Literacy rate)" (PDF). Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "Vijayawada Division – A Profile" (PDF). South Central Railway. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education – Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pithapuram.|