Pittsburg/Bay Point station
The front exterior of the Pittsburg / Bay Point BART Station
|Location||1700 West Leland Road
Pittsburg, CA 94565
|Owned by||Bay Area Rapid Transit|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Parking||1992 spaces – Monthly Reserved, Daily ($1.50/day), Extended Weekend (free), Midday (free after 3pm), Carpool, and Long Term.|
|Bicycle facilities||20 Lockers|
|Opened||December 7, 1996|
|Passengers (FY 2013)||5,570 exits/day 5.3%|
Pittsburg/Bay Point is a Bay Area Rapid Transit station in Pittsburg, California, United States, adjacent to the community of Bay Point. As the northeastern terminal station of the Pittsburg/Bay Point–SFO/Millbrae line, it serves all of northern and eastern Contra Costa County, including the cities of Pittsburg, Antioch, Oakley and Brentwood, as well as the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta.
The station opened on December 7, 1996; it is in BART District 2 and is represented by Joel Keller. In May 2008 a Library-a-Go-Go machine was added at this station, it is a vending machine that offers library books from the Contra Costa County Library system. This was BART's first book vending machine and the first on a transit system in the nation.
A child was born in the parking lot of the station on November 26, 2012.
The eBART extension is an under construction DMU branch line originating from Pittsburg / Bay Point and designed to serve the eastern Contra Costa County communities. The station will be modified to include a cross-platform interchange to this service, which is scheduled to begin in 2018. The eBART line will initially go from Pittsburg / Bay Point to Antioch. There is also a planned infill station in Pittsburg, as well as proposals to extend the line further east to Oakley, Brentwood, or Byron.
On March 16, 2016, a mysterious surge of power on the tracks between the North Concord/Martinez station and Pittsburg/Bay Point led to several cars being taken out of service. On that date, BART halted regular service to Pittsburg/Bay Point and replaced the service with a bus bridge. Limited service to Pittsburg/Bay Point resumed on March 21 and full service resumed on April 2.
|M||Mezzanine||One-way faregates, ticket machines, station agent|
|Southbound||← Pittsburg/Bay Point–SFO/Millbrae toward San Francisco International Airport weekdays, Millbrae weekends (North Concord / Martinez)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Northbound||→ Pittsburg/Bay Point–SFO/Millbrae termination track →
→ eBART (under construction) toward Antioch (Pittsburg Center) →
Several Tri Delta Transit bus lines stop at the station:
- 200 (Weekdays only)
- 201 (Weekdays only) Local service to Bay Point and Express Service to Concord BART
- 300 (Weekdays only) Express Bus to Hillcrest Park and Ride Lot in Antioch, Oakley and Brentwood
- 380 (Weekdays only)
- 387 (Weekdays only)
- 388 (Weekdays only)
- 389 (Weekdays only)
- 390 (Weekdays only)
- 391 (Weekdays only)
- 392 (Weekends and holidays only)
- 393 (Weekends and holidays only)
- 394 (Weekends and holidays only)
- 52 (Everyday)
- "BART Fiscal Year Weekday Average Exits" (PDF). Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Bay Area Rapid Transit District Biography, BART.gov, retrieved January 23, 2008
- Library-a-Go-Go comes to El Cerrito del Norte BART Station
- Mercury News
- "East Contra Costa BART Extension (eBART) Alignment". Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). January 25, 2013. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- CDM Smith. "eBART Next Segment Study" (PDF). bart.gov. Bay Area Rapid Transit. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- Gafni, Matthias (29 March 2016). "BART nearing full restoration of service". Contra Costa Times. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- Steve Rubenstein, "BART restores limited commute service to Pittsburg/Bay Point Station." SFGate, March 21, 2016. http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/BART-restores-limited-commute-service-to-6930975.php
- "BART RESUMES SERVICE AT N. CONCORD AND PITTSBURG/BAY POINT AFTER WEEKS OF REPAIRS." ABC7 News, April 2, 2016. http://abc7news.com/traffic/bart-resumes-service-between-n-concord-and-pittsburg-bay-point-/1273495/
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pittsburg/Bay Point BART station.|