Pittsburg / Bay Point (BART station)
The front exterior of the Pittsburg / Bay Point BART Station
|Location||1700 West Leland Road
Pittsburg, CA 94565
|Owned by||Bay Area Rapid Transit|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Parking||1992 spaces- Monthly Reserved, Daily ($1.50/day), Extended Weekend (free), Midday (free after 3pm), Carpool, and Long Term.|
|Bicycle facilities||20 Lockers|
|Opened||December 7, 1996|
|Passengers (FY 2013)||5,570 exits/day 5.3%|
Pittsburg / Bay Point is a Bay Area Rapid Transit station in the community of Bay Point, California. As the terminal station of the Pittsburg / Bay Point – SFO Line, it serves all of northern and eastern Contra Costa County, including the cities of Pittsburg, Antioch, Oakley and Brentwood, as well as the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta.
The station opened on December 7, 1996. The eBART extension is an under construction DMU train from Pittsburg / Bay Point to the cities of Pittsburg, Oakley, Antioch, Byron, Brentwood and Discovery Bay, and as of 2010 the extension's first phase included stations in Pittsburg/Railroad Avenue and Antioch/Hillcrest Avenue. This station is in BART District 2 and is represented by Joel Keller. In May 2008 a Library-a-Go-Go machine was added at this station, it is a vending machine that offers library books from the Contra Costa County Library system. This was BART's first book vending machine and the first on a transit system in the nation.
A child was born in the parking lot of the station on November 26, 2012.
|M||Mezzanine||One-way faregates, ticket machines, station agent|
|Southbound||← Pittsburg/Bay Point–SFO/Millbrae toward San Francisco International Airport weekdays, Millbrae weekends (North Concord / Martinez)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Northbound||→ Pittsburg/Bay Point–SFO/Millbrae toward Pittsburg / Bay Point (last stop) →|
Several Tri Delta Transit bus lines stop at the station:
- 200 (Weekdays only)
- 201 (Weekdays only) Local service to Bay Point and Express Service to Concord BART
- 300 (Weekdays only) Express Bus to Hillcrest Park and Ride Lot in Antioch, Oakley and Brentwood
- 380 (Weekdays only)
- 387 (Weekdays only)
- 388 (Weekdays only)
- 389 (Weekdays only)
- 390 (Weekdays only)
- 391 (Weekdays only)
- 392 (Weekends and holidays only)
- 393 (Weekends and holidays only)
- 394 (Weekends and holidays only)
- 52 (Everyday)
- "BART Fiscal Year Weekday Average Exits" (PDF). Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- East Contra Costa BART Extension (eBART), BART. 2010. Accessed 11-12-2010.
- Bay Area Rapid Transit District Biography, BART.gov, retrieved January 23, 2008
- Library-a-Go-Go comes to El Cerrito del Norte BART Station
- Mercury News
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pittsburg/Bay Point BART station.|