Pittsburg/Bay Point station
The front exterior of the Pittsburg / Bay Point BART Station
|Location||1700 West Leland Road
Pittsburg, CA 94565
|Owned by||Bay Area Rapid Transit|
|Platforms||2 (sequential) island platforms|
|Parking||1992 spaces – Monthly Reserved, Daily ($1.50/day), Extended Weekend (free), Midday (free after 3pm), Carpool, and Long Term.|
|Bicycle facilities||20 Lockers|
|Opened||December 7, 1996 (20 years ago)|
|Passengers (FY 2016)||6,249 exits/day 1.34%|
Pittsburg/Bay Point is a Bay Area Rapid Transit station in Pittsburg, California, United States, adjacent to the community of Bay Point. As the northeastern terminal station of the Pittsburg/Bay Point–SFO/Millbrae line, it serves all of northern and eastern Contra Costa County, including the cities of Pittsburg, Antioch, Oakley and Brentwood, as well as the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta.
The under-construction eBART extension – scheduled to begin running in 2018 – is a DMU line starting at Pittsburg / Bay Point to serve eastern Contra Costa County communities. The station is being expanded to include an additional platform beyond the existing one to provide an interchange to this service. The eBART platform will have no street access, so passengers will have to ride a mainline BART train between the two platforms. The eBART line will initially go from Pittsburg / Bay Point to Antioch. There are proposals to extend the line further east to Oakley, Brentwood, or Byron.
A child was born in the station’s parking lot on November 26, 2012.
On March 16, 2016, a mysterious power surge on the tracks between North Concord/Martinez and Pittsburg/Bay Point stations caused several cars to be taken out of service. BART halted regular service to Pittsburg/Bay Point that day, and replaced the service with a bus shuttle. Limited service to Pittsburg/Bay Point resumed on March 21 and full service returned on April 2.
|M||Mezzanine||One-way faregates, ticket machines, station agent|
|Southbound||← Pittsburg/Bay Point–SFO/Millbrae toward San Francisco International Airport weekdays, Millbrae weekends (North Concord / Martinez)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Northbound||→ Pittsburg/Bay Point–SFO/Millbrae termination track →
→ Pittsburg/Bay Point–SFO/Millbrae toward eBART Platform (Under Construction) →
|Southbound||← Pittsburg/Bay Point–SFO/Millbrae toward San Francisco International Airport weekdays, Millbrae weekends (Mainline Platform)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the right|
|Northbound||→ eBART (under construction) toward Antioch (Pittsburg Center) →|
Several Tri Delta Transit bus lines stop at the station:
- 200 (Weekdays only)
- 201 (Weekdays only) Local service to Bay Point and Express Service to Concord BART
- 300 (Weekdays only) Express Bus to Hillcrest Park and Ride Lot in Antioch, Oakley and Brentwood
- 380 (Weekdays only)
- 387 (Weekdays only)
- 388 (Weekdays only)
- 389 (Weekdays only)
- 390 (Weekdays only)
- 391 (Weekdays only)
- 392 (Weekends and holidays only)
- 393 (Weekends and holidays only)
- 394 (Weekends and holidays only)
- 52 (Everyday)
- Bay Area Rapid Transit District. "Monthly Ridership Reports". Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- Bay Area Rapid Transit District Biography, BART.gov, retrieved January 23, 2008
- "East Contra Costa BART Extension (eBART) Alignment". Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). January 25, 2013. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- CDM Smith. "eBART Next Segment Study" (PDF). bart.gov. Bay Area Rapid Transit. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- Mitchell, Eve (27 November 2012). "Healthy baby born at East Bay BART station". Mercury News.
- Gafni, Matthias (29 March 2016). "BART nearing full restoration of service". Contra Costa Times. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- Steve Rubenstein, "BART restores limited commute service to Pittsburg/Bay Point Station." SFGate, March 21, 2016. http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/BART-restores-limited-commute-service-to-6930975.php
- "BART RESUMES SERVICE AT N. CONCORD AND PITTSBURG/BAY POINT AFTER WEEKS OF REPAIRS." ABC7 News, April 2, 2016. http://abc7news.com/traffic/bart-resumes-service-between-n-concord-and-pittsburg-bay-point-/1273495/
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pittsburg/Bay Point BART station.|