From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up pius in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
It may refer to any one of the following:
- Main article Pope Pius (disambiguation)
- Pope Pius I, saint, Pope 140/142 to 155
- Pope Pius II, Pope 1458 to 1464
- Pope Pius III, Pope in 1503
- Pope Pius IV, Pope 1559 to 1565
- Pope Pius V, saint, Pope 1566 to 1572
- Pope Pius VI, Pope 1775 to 1799
- Pope Pius VII, Pope 1800 to 1823
- Pope Pius VIII, Pope 1829 to 1830
- Pope Pius IX, Pope 1846 to 1878
- Pope Pius X, saint, Pope 1903 to 1914
- Pope Pius XI, Pope 1922 to 1939
- Pope Pius XII, Pope 1939 to 1958
Other people named Pius
- Quintus Caecilius Metellus Pius, Roman Consul and soldier, who fought under Sulla, and later was largely responsible for Quintus Sertorius's defeat in Spain, despite sharing the victory with Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus.
- Pio of Pietrelcina or "Padre Pio", Capuchin friar and Roman Catholic saint ("Pio" is the Italian form of Pius)
- Pius L. Schwert, a former New York Yankees player and U.S. congressman
- Antipope Pius XIII, who leads the breakaway True Catholic Church sect
- Pius Bazighe (born 1972), Nigerian javelin thrower
- Pius Heinz (born 1989), German professional poker player, who won the 2011 World Series of Poker Main Event
- Pius Ncube, Catholic Archbishop of Harare and outspoken critic of Robert Mugabe
The name Pius in fiction
- Pius XV, in the Babylon 5 science fiction saga, is a fictional early 22nd Century Pope of the Roman Catholic Church. Pius XV was featured in the novel Dark Genesis
- Pius Thicknesse, a character in the Harry Potter series
- Process Inherent Ultimate Safety, a Swedish design for a nuclear reactor not reliant on active safety measures
- "Pius". Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam-Webster. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pius.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.