|Industry||Video game industry|
|Fate||Closed by parent|
|Defunct||13 August 2008|
Number of employees
Pivotal Games Limited was a British video game developer based in Corston, England, founded in March 2000 by fifteen ex-Pumpkin Studios employees, after it was shut down by its parent company, Eidos Interactive. Led by Jim Bambra, Nick Cook and Alex McLean, of which Bambra and Cook had previously founded Pumpkin Studios in August 1996, the studio was formed under the Kaboom Studios umbrella, in order to establish a publishing relationship to Sales Curve Interactive (SCi, later renamed SCi Games). Between 2002 and 2008, Pivotal Games developed all installments in the Conflict series, as well as The Great Escape, based on the film of the same name. In September 2003, after financial struggles of parent company Kaboom Studios, who had at that point already closed down Attention to Detail, SCi showed interest in acquiring the company. Kaboom Studios went into receivership shortly after, and all assets of Pivotal Games were transferred to Ernst & Young for sale. On 29 September 2003, SCi acquired Pivotal Games from Ernst & Young for a total of GB£2.36 million. In May 2005, SCi Games finalised its acquisition and merger with Eidos plc, the parent of Eidos Interactive, which would become in charge of SCi Games' subsidiaries. In March 2008, SCi Games closed down fourteen operating projects to counter a GB£81.4 million net loss from the preceding fiscal year, leading to rumors that Pivotal Games was also to be closed. On 14 July 2008, it was officially announced that the studio was to shut its doors, and 99 staff had already been made redundant, leaving only a team of 10–12 specialist personnel. Pivotal Games was closed on 13 August 2008.
|2002||Conflict: Desert Storm|
|2003||The Great Escape|
|Conflict: Desert Storm II|
|2005||Conflict: Global Terror|
|2008||Conflict: Denied Ops|
- "SCi eyeing Pivotal purchase?". gamesindustry.biz. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- "Kaboom goes into receivership; Pivotal for sale". gamesindustry.biz. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- Calvert, Justin (19 February 2004). "SCi acquires Pivotal Games". gamespot.com. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- Bramwell, Tom (29 September 2003). "SCi buys Pivotal". eurogamer.net. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- "Square and Eidos: The History". gamesindustry.biz. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- "Eidos parent SCi axing 14 projects - Pivotal too?". gamesradar.com. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- Purchese, Robert (14 July 2008). "Conflict developer Pivotal to close". eurogamer.net. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- "Conflict developer Pivotal Games to close". gamesindustry.biz. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- "Pivotal Games shuts its doors". develop-online.net. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
|This United Kingdom video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|