||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2014)|
|Headquarters||New York, NY|
|Key people||Andy Volanakis, CEO
Alberto Lopez, CTO
Chris Anderson, VP Editorial
Loren Appin, VP Growth
|Industry||Digital Media & Publishing|
|Slogan(s)||What you need to see today|
|Type of site||News & Entertainment|
Pixable is a digital media publisher and content creator headquartered in New York City. The company creates and distributes original content (primarily for an 18-34 audience) and uses proprietary technology to personalize content to audience interests. Products are cross platform, including mobile apps, desktop and mobile web, email and mobile notifications. Pixable also syndicates content through a network of media partners and provides content marketing services to brands and advertising agencies.
The company's free application offered a unique, personalized browsing experience by aggregating photos from different social networks and content sites and then smartly sorting them in order of their relevance to the user.
On September 18, 2012, Pixable was acquired for $26.5 million by SingTel as a part of their Digital L!fe Group, which focused on fostering new digital growth engines to bring the latest digital technologies to their customers and compete in new markets and adjacent industries.
In April 2014 Pixable was relaunched as a digital content creator and media property by Andy Volanakis and Alberto Lopez. As of April 2015 Pixable has a monthly audience of 6 million people, with majority Millennial US 18-34 demographic, and is a top 500 US Internet property according to Quantcast.
Pixable produces daily content with a focus on visual media (photos, GIFs, videos). The content spans a wide variety of formats and topics, and is a mixture of both viral and traditional content inclusive of original photojournalism. Popular formats include lists and stories told through GIFs, photography and videos.
The site’s content is divided into 7 primary sections: News, Entertainment, Life, Animals, Travel & Places, Art & Culture, and Science & Technology.
- "Pixable Chooses Kik Promoted Chats to Attract Fans of Web’s Best Visual Content". Kik. Retrieved March 26, 2015.
- De Avila, Joseph (May 20, 2010). "Varick Street Incubator Hatches City Start-Ups". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved May 20, 2010.
- "SingTel snaps up ‘mobile photo inbox’ app Pixable for $26.5 million". The Next Web.
- "SingTel Acquires Intelligent, Social Photo Aggregator Pixable For $26.5 Million". TechCrunch.
- "Pixable’s smart Facebook photo gallery hits 100,000 users in 10 days". The Next Web.
- "Quantcast - Pixable". Quantcast. Retrieved March 26, 2015.