Geldof at Vogue London Fashion Week reception at Winfield House, September 2014
Little Pixie Geldof
17 September 1990
|Years active||Model (2008–present), |
George Barnett (m. 2017)
|Relatives||Peaches Geldof (sister)|
Hughie Green (maternal grandfather)
|Hair color||Brown (natural)|
|Agency||Select Model Management (London) |
Geldof is the third daughter of Bob Geldof and Paula Yates. She is also the biological granddaughter of Hughie Green. Pixie was one of three sisters, Fifi Trixibelle (born in 1983), Peaches Geldof (1989–2014), and has a half-sister, Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence (born in 1996), from her mother's relationship with INXS frontman Michael Hutchence. Her grandmother was Jewish.
Her first magazine cover modelling appearance was for Tatler in 2008. She has also been the face of advertising campaigns for Levi's, Diesel, Henry Holland, Razzle, Agent Provocateur, Loewe and Pringle of Scotland, as well as modelling for Vivienne Westwood, Luella and Jeremy Scott. She modelled for Debenhams in 2010.
Geldof is the lead singer of the band Violet, who released their first single in May 2012. She was scheduled to DJ at the 2014 Coachella in April but cancelled it due to the death of her sister.
Geldof has a passion for marine wildlife, especially sharks. She is an advocate for marine conservation and was one of the ambassadors for the #PassOnPlastic campaign against the pollution of water by single use plastic lead by Project Zero and Sky Ocean Rescue.
She also advocates against animal testing in the cosmetic industry. In October 2018, she was part of a delegation that went to the United Nations in New York to present a petition launched by The Body Shop to end cosmetic animal testing worldwide.
- "Pixie Geldof - Model".
- Chapman, Grace; Anderson, Steve. "The most unusual celebrity baby names – Peaches Geldof and Little Pixie Geldof". The Independent. London. Retrieved 12 March 2011.
- "Why Knox rocks: Star baby names aren't just Tom, Dick or Harry". New York Daily News. 17 July 2008. Retrieved 12 March 2011.
- Pixie will show her Knicksy, Daily Star, 17 September 2008 ("Model Pixie, who turns 18 today...")
- Pixie Geldof is a Tatler cover girl, The Daily Telegraph, 3 June 2008
- Sting's kds join Geldof girls at geisha launch Archived 23 March 2011 at the Wayback Machine, Hello!, 12 January 2006 ("is the youngest of Sir Bob's three daughters by the late TV presenter Paula Yates...")
- "Peaches Geldof will have a traditional Jewish funeral". 20 April 2014.
- Pixie Geldof is Covergirl for Italian Vogue, The Daily Telegraph, 9 February 2009
- Rawi, Maysa (14 April 2010). "Stylish Pixie proves she's the only Geldof girl who can still model as she shines in Henry Holland campaign for Debenhams". The Daily Mail. London. Retrieved 29 June 2010.
- "Pixie Geldof doesn't want to be daddy's girl". The Daily Telegraph. London. 12 September 2011. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- Knott, Alex (26 April 2012). "Pixie Geldof's band to release debut single". Frost Magazine. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- Natalie Finn (9 April 2014). "Pixie Geldof Cancels Coachella DJ Gig Following Death of Sister Peaches Geldof". E!. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Pixie Geldof reclaims her name as a singer, with serious musical chops". Irish Times. 20 October 2016. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- "PIxie Geldof Is Obsessed With Sharks". ELLE. 23 February 2016. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- Jaywing. "Pass On Plastic Experience". skyoceanrescue.com. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- "8.3 million signatures call for end to cosmetic animal testing". NewsComAu. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- Jess Cartner-Morley (15 February 2013). "Pixie Geldof: rocking 20s style". The Guardian. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pixie Geldof.|