||It has been suggested that this article be merged with Crop (hairstyle) and Pixie cut. (Discuss) Proposed since October 2016.|
Pixie cuts were popularized first in the 1950s when Audrey Hepburn wore the style in her debut film Roman Holiday, and later in the 1960s by actress Mia Farrow and British supermodel Twiggy, then even later by Laugh-In star Goldie Hawn. Jean Seberg also sported a pixie cut for Otto Preminger's melodrama film Bonjour Tristesse.
Depending on the style, pixies range from as short as a half inch in some places to two or three inches long in others. Pixies are very easy to maintain and can be worn casually, or dressed up for special occasions.
Celebrities who have sported pixie cuts include Anne Hathaway, Annie Lennox, Tyra Banks, Carey Mulligan, Charlize Theron, Emma Watson, Evan Rachel Wood, Ginnifer Goodwin, Halle Berry, Helen Mirren, Judi Dench, Michelle Williams, Natalie Portman, Olivia Thirlby, Pamela Anderson, Rihanna and Sharon Stone,
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pixie cut.|
- "Emma Watson Debuts Pixie Cut". StyleList. 5 August 2010. Retrieved 16 June 2012.
- Hatchinson, Pamela (August 29, 2013). "The best pixie haircuts of all time: from Jean Seberg to Judi Dench". The Guardian.
- "short pixie cut, short spiky fringe and layered sides". Short-Hairstyles.com. Retrieved 16 June 2012.
- Gordon, Naomi (August 14, 2012). "Miley Cyrus, Emma Watson, Anne Hathaway: Stars with pixie cuts - pics". Digital Spy.
- Chan, Jennifer (August 7, 2013). "Beyoncé's Pixie Cut: Singer Shows Off Short, Blond Hair - See the Pics!". E.
- Melhuish, Kate (February 2, 2011). "Chop and change: Can women of all ages carry off the pixie cut?". Daily Mail.
- Vultaggio, Maria (February 24, 2013). "Charlize Theron's Fearless Pixie Haircut: Love It Or Hate It?". International Business Times.
- Weiss, Shari (June 22, 2011). "Evan Rachel Wood debuts pixie cut at 'True Blood' premiere after chopping off her long locks". Daily News.
- Guglielmetti, Petra (June 15, 2011). "7 Ways To Style A Pixie Haircut, As Modeled By Ginnifer Goodwin". Glamour.
- Meltzer, Marisa (May 1, 2014). "A Shortcut to Spring - The Bob and the Pixie Become the Spring Haircuts of Choice for Some Women". The New York Times.
- Rosenstein, Jenna (August 21, 2013). "Are You Over Your Pixie? Top Tips for Growing It Out". Allure.
- Sullivan, Kate (March 5, 2012). "Olivia Thirlby's Short Cut Is Giving Us Ideas". Allure.
|This fashion-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|