|Show||The Sunday Magazine (since 2020),|
Out in the Open (2016–2020)
|Network||CBC Radio One|
She is known for her work on CBC Radio, as well as on Fox News Radio, and TVOntario. Prior to launching The Sunday Magazine in 2020, she was the host of Out in the Open and had worked in broadcasting for more than 20 years, as a fill-in anchor and host on TVOntario and the CBC's radio and television networks, including on The Agenda, The Current, Q, The World at Six and Cross-Country Checkup, and previously as Fox News Radio's Middle East correspondent.
Her weekly CBC Radio series Out in the Open debuted on May 28, 2016, and ran until June 28, 2020.
On June 8, 2020, it was announced that Chattopadhyay would be succeeding Michael Enright as host of CBC Radio's three-hour Sunday morning block of in-depth interviews and documentaries which was called Sunday Edition under Enright's tenure. The new programme, The Sunday Magazine, premiered on September 13, 2020.
Chattopadhyay's parents emigrated to Canada from Kolkata, India in 1967, and she was born in Saskatoon. She is married to fellow journalist Peter Armstrong, whom she met while both were working for the CBC.
- CBC’s Piya Chattopadhyay: ‘doing what I want to do’, by Constance Scrafield; at the Orangeville Citizen; published October 31, 2013; retrieved May 1, 2014
- Crowd greets CBC staff as bureau goes on air, by Jason Hewlett; at the Kamloops Daily News; published October 9, 2012; retrieved May 1, 2014
- Senate explores future financial landscape, by Paul Mayne, in Western News (University of Western Ontario); published November 21, 2013; retrieved May 1, 2014; "well-known radio and television personality, Piya Chattopadhyay, who is often a host on both CBC radio and TVO (...)"
- The adventure continues..., by Denise Garrado; in the Bradford Times; published March 31, 2011; retrieved May 1, 2014
- TVO welcomes Piya Chattopadhyay to The Agenda with Steve Paikin Archived 2014-05-02 at the Wayback Machine at TVOntario; published April 20, 2011, retrieved May 1, 2014
- "Join Piya Chattopadhyay as she launches The Sunday Magazine". CBC News. September 6, 2020. Retrieved September 6, 2020.
- Arrival Lounge, in E-Desi News (page 31); published July 2011; retrieved May 1, 2014
- "CBC Radio to debut Out in the Open, The Candy Palmater Show". CBC News, May 16, 2016.
- "Piya Chattopadhyay to host Sunday mornings on CBC Radio". CBC Radio. June 8, 2020. Retrieved June 8, 2020.
- Office romance is good for business, by Jasmine Budak, in Canadian Business; published May 7, 2012; retrieved May 1, 2014