|Owned by||Vince and Gina Marsaglia|
Pizza Port Brewing Company is a brewpub with five locations in Southern California: Solana Beach, two in Carlsbad (Downtown and Bressi Ranch), Ocean Beach and San Clemente. A former Pizza Port location in San Marcos spun out of Pizza Port in 2006 and is now an independent operation, the Port Brewing Company / Lost Abbey brewery. It has received multiple awards, including "Small Brewpub of the Year" for both 2003 and 2004 by the Great American Beer Festival and six awards for its beers at the World Beer Cup.
Pizza Port was established in March 1987 when it made pizza only in Solana Beach. They installed a 7-barrel brewery and served their first handcrafted beer brewed on the premises in October 1992, becoming part of the "second wave" of craft breweries that led San Diego County to prominence in the craft brewing industry. Even before that, the restaurant's guest taps featuring local home-brewed beer were "hugely influential" in the development of San Diego's brewing culture.
The Solana Beach location was named Small Brewpub of the Year in both 2003 and 2004 by the Great American Beer Festival. In 2006, it was named one of the "Top 50 Places to Have a Beer in America" by beeradvocate.com. The brews have won several prizes at the World Beer Cup, including 5 gold medals. In 2010, the Pizza Port family of breweries won 6 awards for its beers at the World Beer Cup and in 2012 they won 5 more. In 2009, 2010 and 2011, Pizza Port Carlsbad was named Large Brewpub of the Year at the Great American Beer Festival.
- Elder, Adam (March 2010). "San Diego: America's Beer Capital". San Diego Magazine. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "10 events that rocked our beer mugs, 1996-2006". San Diego Union Tribune. 2007-01-17.
- "World Beer Cup - Winners lists". Archived from the original on April 27, 2006. Retrieved 2007-04-12.
- "World Beer Cup - 2010 Winners". Retrieved 2010-05-04.
- Rowe, Peter (May 6, 2012). "Local brewers take 16 medals in World Beer Cup". San Diego Union Tribune. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- Rowe, Peter (December 6, 2011). "Pizza Port loses award-winning top brewer". San Diego Union Tribune. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
|This beer or brewery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|