Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kill the most recently created acroread process:
pkill -n acroread
Send a USR1 signal to acroread process:
pkill -USR1 acroread
Some other unix commands related to process management and killing include:
- kill, which sends signals processes by process ID instead of by pattern-matching against the name.
- renice, which changes the priority of a process.
- top and htop, which display a list of processes and their resource usage; htop can send signals to processes directly from this list.
- skill, a command-line utility to send signals or report process status. pkill is favoured over it.
- Solaris 10 User Commands Reference Manual –
- Linux User Commands Manual : look up processes based on name and other attributes –