Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up place in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Place may refer to:
- Place (surname), people with the surname Place
- Location (geography), an area with definite or indefinite boundaries or a portion of space which has a name in an area
- Populated place, an area of human settlement
- Place (United States Census Bureau), defined as any concentration of population
- "Place", a type of street or road name
- Often implies a dead end (street) or cul-de-sac
- Place, based on the Cornish word "plas" meaning mansion
- Place, New Hampshire, a location in the United States
- Placé, a commune in Pays de la Loire, Paris, France
- Plače, a small settlement in Slovenia
- Place identity, a group of ideas concerning significance and meanings that particular places have for their inhabitants or users
- Sense of place, a phenomenon in which people strongly identify with a particular geographical area or location
- A person's social position
- Place setting, a table setting for a single diner
- Place (mathematics), an equivalence class of absolute values of an integral domain or field
- In place-value or positional notation, the position occupied by a digit in a numeral
- Petri net, also known as a Place/transition net, a mathematical representation of discrete distributed systems
- In horse racing, a parimutuel bet that a horse will finish first or within a predetermined number of positions of first. In North America, this would mean finishing first or second.
- In craps, a bet that a point number will be rolled before a seven
- Places (Béla Fleck album), 1988
- Places (Brad Mehldau album), 2000
- Places (Casiopea album), 2003
- Places (Georgie James album), 2007
- Places (Jan Garbarek album), 1978
- Places (Lea Michele album), 2017
- To Place, a series of books on Iceland by artist Roni Horn
- The Place, a dance and performance centre in Camden, London
- Unity of place, one of the three classical unities for drama derived from Aristotle's Poetics
- Place (Reddit), or /r/Place, a social experiment by Reddit for April Fool's Day
- Location (disambiguation)
- Locus (disambiguation), Latin for 'place'
- Placement (disambiguation)
- Plaice, a type of fish, misspelt as 'place'
- Plas (disambiguation)
- Platz (disambiguation)
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Place.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.