From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up place in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Place may refer to:
- Place (surname), people with the surname Place
- Place (geography), an area with definite or indefinite boundaries or a portion of space which has a name in an area
- Place (United States Census Bureau), defined as any concentration of population
- Populated place, a designation by the United States Geological Survey
- Place, based on the Cornish word plas meaning Mansion
- Placé, a commune in Pays de la Loire, Paris, France
- Plače, a small settlement in Slovenia
- Place identity, a group of ideas concerning significance and meanings that particular places have for their inhabitants or users
- Sense of place, a phenomenon in which people strongly identify with a particular geographical area or location
- A person's social position
- Place setting, a table setting for a single diner
- Place (mathematics), an equivalence class of absolute values of an integral domain or field
- In place-value or positional notation, the position occupied by a digit in a numeral
- Petri net, also known as a Place/transition net, a mathematical representation of discrete distributed systems
- A type of wager in gambling:
- Places (Béla Fleck album), 1988
- Places (Brad Mehldau album), 2000
- Places (Casiopea album), 2003
- Places (Georgie James album), 2007
- Places (Jan Garbarek album), 1978
- To Place, a series of books on Iceland by artist Roni Horn
- The Place, a dance and performance centre in Camden, London
- Unity of place, one of the three classical unities for drama derived from Aristotle's Poetics
- Location (disambiguation)
- Locus (disambiguation), Latin for 'place'
- Placement (disambiguation)
- Plaice, a type of fish, misspelt as 'place'
- Plas (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Place.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.