PlaceWare was a provider of web conferencing software founded in 1996 by Xerox engineers Pavel Curtis, Mike Dixon, and David Nichols as a spin-off from Xerox PARC. Its first product, PlaceWare Auditorium, was rolled out in March 1997, and used by such companies as Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Sun Microsystems, and PBS.
- Trager, Louis (1997-03-27). "Falling into Place". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2013-02-09.
- Dager, Renee (1997-03-27). "The next seat may be your own in cyberauditorium". PC World. Retrieved 2013-02-09.
- "PlaceWare, Inc. Announces Its Acquisition by Microsoft Is Complete". Retrieved 2013-02-09.
- Microsoft's current Live Meeting product page
- PlaceWare: Structuring a Xerox Technology Spin-off, a company case study
- PlaceWare at CrunchBase
|This United States software corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|