Place LaRue, Edmonton

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Place LaRue
Neighbourhood
Place LaRue is located in Edmonton
Place LaRue
Place LaRue
Location of Place LaRue in Edmonton
Coordinates: 53°32′20″N 113°38′38″W / 53.539°N 113.644°W / 53.539; -113.644
Country Canada
Province Alberta
CityEdmonton
Quadrant[1]NW
Ward[1]1
Sector[2]West
Government
 • Administrative bodyEdmonton City Council
 • CouncillorLinda Sloan
Elevation
683 m (2,241 ft)

Place LaRue is a largely commercial neighbourhood located in west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. According to the 2001 federal census, there were only 75 private dwellings located in the neighbourhood.[4] By 2005, this had declined to 51.[5]

The neighbourhood is bounded by 170 Street on the east, Anthony Henday Drive to the west, Stony Plain Road to the north, and 100 Avenue (west of 176 Street) and 99A Avenue (east of 176 Street) to the south.

Commercial area in Place LaRue

Just over half (53.3%) of the residences were constructed during the 1970s. One in eight (13.3%) were constructed slightly earlier during the 1960s and another one in eight (13.3%) in the early 1980s. The remaining residences were all constructed during the 1990s.[4]

The most common type of home in the neighbourhood is the mobile home. These account for three out of every four (75%) of all residences. With the exception of three single-family dwellings, the remaining residences in the neighbourhood are classified as 'other' types of residence. Three out of four residences (75%) are owner-occupied while the remaining one in four (25%) are rented.[5]

Surrounding neighbourhoods[edit]

References[edit]

  1. ^ a b "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
  2. ^ "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
  3. ^ "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
  4. ^ a b http://censusdocs.edmonton.ca/DD23/FEDERAL%202001/Neighbourhood/PLACE%20LARUE.pdf
  5. ^ a b http://censusdocs.edmonton.ca/C05002/MUNICIPAL%202005/Neighbourhood/PLACE%20LARUE.pdf

External links[edit]