Place of Skulls (band)
This article needs to be updated.November 2010)(
Place of Skulls
|Labels||Exile on Mainstream Records, Southern Lord Records, Outlaw Recordings|
|Associated acts||Pentagram, Cathedral, Spirit Caravan, The Obsessed, The Hidden Hand, Saint Vitus, Trouble, Revelation|
|Past members||Scott "Wino" Weinrich|
"Minnesota" Pete Campbell
Place of Skulls was formed in 2000 by ex-Pentagram guitarist Victor Griffin. Griffin left Pentagram in 1996 and during this time before starting the band, became a Christian. The name is a biblical reference to Golgotha. The band put out their debut album, Nailed, on Southern Lord Records in 2002. Many of these songs deal with Griffin's new found faith in Christianity. Four songs from the Nailed session were explicitly Christian and for this reason did not appear on the album. These were released as the Love Through Blood EP in 2005. Scott "Wino" Weinrich joined the band for their second album, With Vision. This album was released by Southern Lord Records in 2003. Shortly after, Wino left the band to concentrate on The Hidden Hand. In 2006 the band signed to Germany's Exile on Mainstream Records and released the album, The Black Is Never Far. In 2010, the band released their fourth album, As a Dog Returns. The band is currently working on a new album for 2016. On June 17, 2016 Place of Skulls re-released their whole discography digitally through Stone Groove Records They are also frequently featured on the label's weekly radio show "Stone Grooves & Deep Cuts".
- Victor Griffin – vocals and guitar (2000–present)
- Lee Abney – bass guitar (2000–2002, 2007–present)
- "Minnesota" Pete Campbell – drums (2004–2005, 2011-2014, 2016-present)
- Scott "Wino" Weinrich – vocals and guitar (2003–2004)
- Dennis Cornelius – bass (2003–2007)
- Greg Turley – bass (2002)
- Ron Holzner – bass (2002–2003)
- Tim Tomaselli – drums (2000–2004, 2005–2011, 2014-2016)
- Russell Lee Padgett - drums (2016)
- Dan Lively - bass, bgv (2016)
- Studio albums
- Nailed (Southern Lord Records 2001)
- With Vision (Southern Lord Records 2003)
- The Black Is Never Far (Exile on Mainstream Records 2006)
- As a Dog Returns (Giddy Up! Records 2010)
- In-Graved (Stone Groove Records 2016)
- Bergman, Keith. "Place of Skulls - The Black is Never Far". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved September 29, 2016.
- Santos, Jeff De Los (September 29, 2010). "Place of Skulls - Interview". Untombed Zine. Retrieved September 28, 2016.
- "Place of Skulls Return to a Peaceful Place". The Obelisk. August 25, 2010. Retrieved September 29, 2016.
- Stone Groove Records official website.
- Place of Skulls bandcamp page
- Stone Groove Records - Stone Groove Records radio