|Municipality of Placer|
Map of Masbate with Placer highlighted
|Region||Bicol Region (Region V)|
|Barangays||35 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Joshur Judd S. Lanete II|
|• Electorate||29,960 voters (2016)|
|• Total||193.03 km2 (74.53 sq mi)|
|• Density||290/km2 (750/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)56|
|Climate type||Tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||2nd municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||129.1 million (2016)|
Placer was created as a municipality from the barrio of the same name which used to belong to Cataingan, Masbate, by virtue of Republic Act No. 292, passed June 16, 1948. It is the only municipality which is dominantly Cebuano-speaking and a common yearly contender and former champion in Cebu City's Sinulog Festival.
- San Marcos
- Santa Cruz
|Population census of Placer|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Placer, Masbate, was 55,826 people, with a density of 290 inhabitants per square kilometre or 750 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Masbate". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "An act creating the municipality of Placer in the province of Masbate". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-09.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Masbate". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Bicol Region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|