Plaid Tongued Devils
|Plaid Tongued Devils|
The Plaid Tongued Devils at Pilot's Monument, Yellowknife, NWT, Canada
|Genres||Alternative country, roma, klezmer, ska, rock, jazz|
|Years active||1990- current|
|Members||Ty Semaka, Alan Kolodziejzyk|
In 1998, the Devils began to develop a new style of music which they dubbed "romaklezkarock", combining Roma, Klezmer, Ska, Rock and Jazz. In 1999 they recorded the soundtrack for the musical Klezskavania, which was performed for the One Yellow Rabbit Theatre Company in Calgary.
The band's 2002 album, Belladonna, featured violinist Jonathan Lewis and percussionists Chip Robb and John McNeil.
- Running With Scissors - 1994
- Tongue and Groove - 1996
- In Klezkavania - 1999 (Also a theatre event)
- Belladonna - 2002
- Monsteroma - 2005
- " Plaid Tongued Devils klezmania". LA Beat, 09 February 2010.. Richard Amery
- "Drag me over the rainbow – to Robson Valley". Jasper Fitzhugh, July 30, 2011
- "Artist adds creative touch". Jacqueline Louie, Calgary Herald, November 29, 2013.
- "CD Reviews". UWO Gazette, Sean Pedersen, 1998.
- "The Plaid Tongued Devils - Belladona - 2002". Prog Visions, Richard Zywotkiewicz - March 2002
- "Plaid-Tongued Devils / Belladonna". KlezmerShack, Ari Davidow, 7/3/2004. (review)
- Official Website
- Dutch Fansite
- A performance of, "The Amazing Rock 'n Roll Violinist" filmed at OJV de Koornbeurs in Delft, Netherlands